“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Laguna Beach
CA
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I took a chance and booked this cute little hotel for two nights last week. I was taking my daughter away for some much needed girl bonding time. I had read the reviews and with fingers crossed headed down to the beach. We were greeted by super friendly staff, an immaculate room and though it was small like other reviewers stated, we didn't mind because anyone crazy enough to stay in their room to much with the ocean just steps outside your door is crazy in the head. PCH can be a little noisy at night on weekends but really the location is worth it. We walked everywhere the entire time we were there. Lots of fun places to eat and great shopping too. So basically if you're on the fence with whether or not to book, I say go for it! Staff was ready and waiting to serve whether with beach chairs and towels, carrying luggage from our car or answering questions about local stuff. Oh and the breakfast that was included was great! Pastries, eggs, bacon, fresh fruit etc. We WILL be going back, although I'm thinking romantic getaway with my husband this time. ;)

Room Tip: The Queen room was very small but functional all the same. The bathroom had a nice large stone showe...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are thrilled to hear about the things that made an impression on you and your daughter. Thank you for your kind words and recommendations. We look forward to hosting you again soon *for your romantic getaway!
With Gratitude,
La Casa del Camino staff & Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Awesome views of the ocean, great location in Laguna, beautiful rooms and excellent continental breakfast! Close to great restaurants and shops. The staff here is also really nice. Always my favorite place to stay in Laguna.

• Stayed November 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in Laguna beach! Best choice my husband and I made! Beautiful location!! We had read many wonderful reviews on the hotel, so we were looking forward to our stay here! Our room was amazing with a beautiful view! We stayed in one o the surf rooms! Super cute as can be! Our entire stay was amazing! The staff is amazing!! You guys all rock!! Our favorite part was the breakfast! Cute as can be set up that they have! Veronica was the highlight of our stay, it's great to see a smiling and happy face early in the morning! She is sweet as can be! Super helpful with anything we needed from the breakfast aspect to helping us book a reservation on a busy Saturday. I can't wait to return to see her and her loveliness! Amazing aspect to your entire hotel! I send her my kuddos!! Over all our stay was amazing great staff, great location, amazing food, over all can't wait to return! Everyone needs to stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2013
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Soccermomsd22,
We are thrilled to hear how you enjoyed your recent stay at La Casa del Camino! Your kudos to Veronica are appreciated, and she is so happy to have contributed to your positive experience in Laguna Beach. We are truly lucky to have such a wonderful team :)
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Picked this hotel out from a host of options and were so glad with our decision! Just steps from a great semi-private section of beach and close to many restaurant options. Had lunch on the rooftop restaurant and it was delish. Guest parking just across the street. One of the best complimentary breakfasts we've had and a great atmosphere to boot.

The room (#311) was perfect for our needs. Some may find it small, but the bed was comfortable, had a safe and small fridge nicely hidden in the decor of the room. The bathroom tub/shower were great, had a view of the ocean and we could hear the waves at night. Free WiFi too. There was some alley noise one morning from garbage collection, but that stuff happens and was over in a minute.

If we ever need a place to stay in Laguna Beach/LA again this is the place will check first.

Room Tip: Front Desk shares space with bar/lounge and the night we checked in there was live music, so I would...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear wagostago,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us - your guest room, the Rooftop Lounge, and our amenities. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the La Casa del Camino for 1 night. If we had more time we would have stayed longer. We were on a road trip of the US West Coast. We really liked our room - the Casa Surf Suite. It was large, the bed comfortable, view of the ocean from the bed relaxing. Breakfast in the courtyard felt very European which we quite liked. We enjoyed a light meal on the upper outside terrace (great Mohito). All of the staff we had contact with were very friendly and helpful. The waterfront is only a few steps away and we both enjoyed watching young people surfing. And the sunset was beautiful. We would stay at this hotel again in the future and recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a small hotel, right on Pacific Coast Highway, less than a block to the beach. The full breakfast (included with the room) was excellent, and the beach service was fantastic. I just asked someone at the front desk, and the towels, chairs and umbrella were on the beach before I got there -- and I went straight to the beach. I don't know how they did it so fast.

My room was comfortable, but small (I'll ask for a larger one next time), and the bed was wonderful.

The staff, from the front desk to the restaurant to the housekeepers to the beach service were great.

Can't wait to come back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Texasdem,
Thank you for your kind review! Your comments and compliments are appreciated, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We spent two lovely nights here. The service at the front desk and in the restaurant were outstanding as always. I love coming to this beautiful, romantic spot on the Pacific, and I couldn't wait to share the serenity and ambiance with my boyfriend and best friend.

Everything was perfect from check in to the delicious breakfast on the rooftop deck to the outstanding dinner in the restaurant. The small plates were delicious and interesting, and the rooftop happy hour was a wonderful way to watch the sunset.

The sound of the ocean waves from our bedroom was peaceful and soothing to our travel weary bodies. The room was spotlessly clean. This was my third trip to the hotel, and I can't wait to return.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DCDreamer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We want you to know how much we appreciate your loyalty to our charming hotel! We're thrilled you have enjoyed your previous stays, and we look forward to having you back again soon.
Charlotte, Guest Services

Been to La Casa del Camino? Share your experiences!