“What a find!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Laguna Beach Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laguna Beach
Laguna Beach Motor Inn
You added Laguna Beach Motor Inn to your Saves list
985 N. Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651   |
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Bishop, California
“What a find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is a great little motel. Laguna Beach hotels are typically very expensive, and you have to pay an additional fee just to park your car. Not here. The Laguna Beach Motor Inn is very reasonably priced, clean and comfortable, very close to the beach, shops, restaurants and hiking trails, has a lovely interior garden and pool, and offers free parking, wifi and coffee. I stayed for two nights in room #14, and I couldn't get over how nice it was for the price. It was bright and cheery and featured a queen bed, a table with 2 chairs, a fridge/freezer and microwave, a private entrance and patio and even a view of the ocean. Yes, this is an older property, and my room smelled a bit musty (maybe someone had smoked in it?), but it has lots of charm and offers an amazing value for the money. I've spent a lot more for a lot less in this beach town - from now on, I will be staying at the Laguna Beach Motor Inn.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kenwood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

This is in a great location on PCH, just a couple of blocks North of town, walking distance. The room was clean and spacious with a living room and kitchenette! Beautiful gardens and pool. It is a short walk to a beautiful little cove and beach, yo sun, swim or snorkel. Very reasonably priced!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
North Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

I stayed at the Laguna Beach Motor Inn during a 10 training session. The older property was very adequate! Very Clean, Very comfortable bed, great view! John, owner, was very cordial! I WOULD recomend

Room Tip: This is an older property and the temps in Laguana are normally so air-conditioning isn't needed...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

I planned a weekend to get away with my mom. We both love Laguna Beach and I was shopping around for the perfect place for us. I walked into the Motor Inn and met John who immediately offered to show me a room!! It was like stepping back into time. John wrote down my info on a little piece of paper... and remembered me by name when we arrived!! We booked our next trip at check-out.

I found paradise at the Laguna Motor Inn. It is to the left of the downtown action which means it is quiet, beautiful and a little less rushed. My aunt and uncle celebrated their anniversary there and were very pleased as well!!

There are shops, restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance. There is also a free trolley that will take you into downtown, to the sawdust and the main beach. It is also just a short walk to Hyde Park and nice restaurants. More importantly, walk behind the inn, across one street and down the stairs to beautiful Shaw's Cove... You can see the ocean from the balcony.

Step into your total relaxation. Quaint rooms, immaculate courtyard, nice swimming pool. I could live here!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Not a fancy place but a classy place with whole lot of charm... love it. I look forward to visiting in the Fall.

Room Tip: Room 27 has the best view... adjoining rooms are available.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 5:30 on Friday night we got the last room. The cove is 1block from hotel the courtyard is beautiful!! We had a
Great evening and we are looking forward to tomorrow!! Very clean rooms the people here are amazing!!

• Stayed June 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This little place reminded me of staying at Grandma's house. We rented a little room with a nice private balcony overlooking the ocean. It also had a separate little seating area inside with a table and two chairs. The bathroom was clean. It is an older motel built in the 50s, but seems to be well kept. There is a lovely little courtyard with a beautiful garden, a bbq grill that guests can use and an outdoor pool (although it isn't heated). It is also about 1 block from the beach. The bed wasn't great, but good enough for the price. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view - I think it's an extra $10 a night, but oh so worth it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

It was a busy weekend in Laguna Beach and we had no bookings - hence we stayed here. Yuk what a mistake. Honestly people, just keep looking for somewhere else. We had 2 rooms one for myself and my husband and 1 room for our 3 kids. The smell of mould and (maybe cats pee), was just awful - if we hadn't all been so tired and it was so late there was NO WAY we would have put up with this. Please, listen to my review, and just go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else - this place is awful!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Laguna Beach Motor Inn? Share your experiences!