“Engagement” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crescent Bay Inn

You added Crescent Bay Inn to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1435 N Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Laguna Beach
“Engagement”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Unbelievable place! Awesome customer service! Incredible view, beautiful rooms, 3 mins from private cove Crescwnt bay Beach!! Would definetly go there again and I will be referring to friends and family!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Cerscent B, Front Office Manager at Crescent Bay Inn, responded to this review, 3 days ago
On behalf of the Crescent Bay Inn we would like to thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your kind words, any feedback helps us grow and we are always striving to give our guests the best experience possible. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your experience at the Crescent Bay Inn and we will be looking forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We loved everything about this place - small, intimate, unique and wonderful friendly staff who made sure we had everything we needed to make our stay memorable. Will be back for sure. Close to center of Laguna and walk to private beach area 2 mins from your room.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
The Crescent Bay Inn would like to thank you for your stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and motivates us to keep doing better! We appreciate your kind words and we are excited to see you return to The Crescent By Inn.Thank You!
Brea, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From the street view on Google, I wasnt much impressed, but this hotel has obviously been recently renovated and has brand new everything. very clean and I had a great view of the Ocean with just a 3 minute stroll to the beach. Very friendly hostess and a great breakfast and all day snack bar.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Cerscent B, Front Office Manager at Crescent Bay Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We would like to thank you for staying at Crescent Bay Inn. We our glad that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and easy beach access. We look forward to the next time you return. Thank You!
Woking
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Drove up and asked about a rate as we nowhere booked in Laguna Bay, very friendly lady in reception, showed us the room before we committed so we could see it.
Got a rate of $170.00 all in ( room, tax, wifi, breakfast), parking was good in sheltered bays right by the room.
Very nice room, would put big hotel chains to shame, very comfy bed, TV great, shower very clean, wifi was good.
A secluded beach is a 3 or 4 min walk, very close you don't have to cross any main roads to get to it, down the steps to a beach bookended by huge rocks, almost like a private beach, could see Whales, Dolphins and Seals from the beach !
Breakfast was fine, usual help yourself to Waffles, cereal etc, but fine.
Slightly out of the main centre of town, but that's ok, only a couple of min drive to get in the centre part of Laguna.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
The Crescent Bay Inn would like to thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your kind words and recommendation. We are glad you enjoyed staying with us and we hope you come back again soon!

Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Friendly staff, comfy beds, can't say a bad thing about this place.

Breakfast was great. Will return when I'm back in the area for business again.

Housekeeping service was quick and efficient.

Thank you!

D. Thompson

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
We at the Crescent Bay Inn would like to thank you for staying with us. We like to make our guests as comfortable as possible to make their experience great! We are happy to hear that you had a great stay and we hope to see you again in the future. Thank you for your kind words.

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Made a one night reservation for Crescent Bay Inn through Expedia because I wanted a night away from my place, saw the good reviews on TA and thought “Why not?”. I reserved an oceanview king room. I arrived for check in at about 5:30pm. The lobby is set up with a fireplace, Keurig coffeemaker and a small seating area the décor is modern and clean. The front desk agent was checking in another guest as I arrived and offered me a seat. I was impressed when I heard the front desk person taking very good care of the people in front of me; she was taking the time to make sure that they were taken care of and that they knew their way around the property. She offered them and I water which was a nice offer.
The check in for the people in front of me took a bit of time but I patiently waited as I thought/expected that the process would be just as detailed as when it was my turn… it wasn’t; I guess I was expected to eavesdrop on the other people’s check in and pay close attention, kind of a letdown. I was told how to get to the beach and where the breakfast room was located (She made sure to tell me that any guest could go in at any time to grab water from the room, which I will admit is kind of nice) then given my keys and wished a good day… notice something missing? Yeah, I wasn’t told where my room was located. I was in room #301, so I guessed my room would be in the third building (not too hard to figure out but I think that service-wise I was a missed opportunity).
From what I could see most of the rooms are on the second floor with parking underneath them (I am pretty sure I saw a few rooms at ground level), the stairs look a bit iffy at first glance but they were sturdy, my room was the first one and right next to the stairs.. my window faced into the walkway over the trees and houses and toward the ocean. Was it a perfectly clear oceanview? No… Could I see the ocean? Yes… Except if you want privacy, since it is technically a hallway/walkway in front of your window if you have your curtains open and want to enjoy the view anyone walking in front of your room can look in and enjoy the view as well… awkward…
The room… it is a modern room and nicely decorated… a little minimal but I kind of like that. The color scheme is a muted grays and earth tones. At first look the bathroom seemed like it was going to be a standard non-descript bathroom… until I saw the shower… All I can saw is WOW! The shower is fantastic.. big big big shower with a rainfall shower head on the ceiling and a handheld available as well.. nice tile (though it might have been marble) and it was clean. The towels were awful, there were 3 different bath towels in my room and all of them were scratchy... and the toilet paper was rough… traveler tip bring your own on both accounts. The sink area was large and had a ton of counter space that was not cluttered with a bunch of stuff (always nice to see that).
The room also had a little fridge and microwave; which is great… except there was no coffeemaker. I get that they have a big Keurig in the lobby, but having to get dressed to go get a cup of coffee is kind of lame (I really really like coffee… so thumbs down for this). There is a really big TV in the room though which was nice (the remote was hit or miss though). I went to put some stuff away in the drawers and decided to just keep my stuff in my bag after I found a bunch of pennies in the bottom drawer.
The pennies… so I find pennies in a drawer and it makes me wonder.. what else wasn’t cleaned? So I started looking around and noticed a few things… there was some dirt and small trash on the carpet (as if it hadn’t been vacuumed), there were finger prints and marks all over the metal legs of the coffee table and the night stand, the sink stopped wouldn’t open (had to use a bar of soap to prop it open)… little tiny things that I probably wouldn’t have noticed if it hadn’t been for the pennies. I left the room to walk around…
I noticed the small social area with the firepit; it was a nice area and looked like it could be pretty relaxing; except there was trash all over the place and it looked like it hadn’t been cleaned that day. From there I headed down to the beach and it was a nice walk and felt safe.
I went to downtown Laguna for dinner; it was a 20 minute walk mostly downhill to get there. The walk back took about 25-30minutes and it was mostly uphill… an easy walk but not ‘quick’. I got back to my room and practically ran to the shower; I wanted to take that puppy on a test drive… it did not disappoint… at ALL… the water pressure was good, the temperature controls were easy, the shampoo and soap smelled good; I took my sweet time in the shower primarily because I wanted to enjoy it but also because I wasn’t looking forward to the towels.
Time for bed… It looked nice and comfy, laid down and it was just right as far as support (not squishy and nor super firm)… I grabbed the pillow to settle in and I was beyond disappointed. Both pillows on the bed were poor excuses for pillows, they felt half empty, didn’t feel supportive and were obnoxiously bad; I tried using both pillows and that felt uncomfortable, I tried scrunching it up and that was worse… I ended up using the accent pillows to sleep as those at least had some substance. Here is where it gets worse; once I turned off the light I got that feeling in your stomach that you get when you feel like you forgot to do something important.. I realized I didn’t deadbolt and latch my door; so I get up and walk over to the door and realize that it only had this little deadbolt, no latch, no chain, nothing else put a small deadbolt… so mental mindset has me looking at the window and realizing that having an open hallway in front of my window with no security is not exactly the most reassuring feeling…
Woke up the next morning with a crick in my neck and immediately jumped into the shower (I was gonna use it as much as possible) and went to check out. I stopped by the breakfast room on my way out and it was basic, as a previous reviewer mentioned there were a few items that had been depleted but not replenished

The process for check out was quick but the conversation was a little awkward as the desk person started discussing her payroll with me; I made myself a cup of coffee, said good bye and headed out…
For the price, which was around $200 for an oceanview room (if they keep their low prices year round), it is not a bad deal… except you should probably bring your own pillows, towels and toilet paper or check with them beforehand to make sure that they have updated them… Also, I received a survey from the hotel when I checked out, I shared my feedback and it said that I would be hearing back from someone from the property within 3 days; I know the owner is out of town (from what the front desk person said) so I gave it more than 3 days… well, it’s been almost 2 weeks and no word; take that as you will… Don’t think I would stay again nor recommend.. So that’s my two cents… Happy travels!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Cerscent B, Manager at Crescent Bay Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
The Crescent Bay Inn would like to thank you for your feedback. It is very important to us to know how we can improve ourselves to better your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had while staying at the Crescent Bay Inn. We strive to give our guests the best experience possible. Thank you again for your thoughts.

Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the minute we arrived to the minute we left, our stay was perfect. A really warm and friendly welcome was one of the many highlights of our stay. The room was newly appointed with top quality furnishings and fittings. Our room at the rear had a lovely view of the ocean, the beach being a short 3 minute walk away. Cleanliness was clearly a priority plus an eye to detail. (Microwave and Fridge in the room). Parking, breakfast and WiFi all included in the price. Hotel was a short distance from downtown Laguna...great for relaxation and restaurants. Great place to stay. Would we stay there again......Yes, Most Definitely!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
We here at Crescent Bay Inn would like to thank you for choosing us as your place of lodging during you trip. We strive to make our guest feel warm and welcomed, from the first greeting you get to the moment your head hits the pillow. We love to be as accommodating as possible to give our guest a great experience. Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to your return!

Crescent Bay Inn

Been to Crescent Bay Inn? Share your experiences!