“Great little find in Laguna Bay” 5 of 5 stars

You added Crescent Bay Inn to your Saves list
Crescent Bay Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1435 N Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Woking
“Great little find in Laguna Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Drove up and asked about a rate as we nowhere booked in Laguna Bay, very friendly lady in reception, showed us the room before we committed so we could see it.
Got a rate of $170.00 all in ( room, tax, wifi, breakfast), parking was good in sheltered bays right by the room.
Very nice room, would put big hotel chains to shame, very comfy bed, TV great, shower very clean, wifi was good.
A secluded beach is a 3 or 4 min walk, very close you don't have to cross any main roads to get to it, down the steps to a beach bookended by huge rocks, almost like a private beach, could see Whales, Dolphins and Seals from the beach !
Breakfast was fine, usual help yourself to Waffles, cereal etc, but fine.
Slightly out of the main centre of town, but that's ok, only a couple of min drive to get in the centre part of Laguna.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Friendly staff, comfy beds, can't say a bad thing about this place.

Breakfast was great. Will return when I'm back in the area for business again.

Housekeeping service was quick and efficient.

Thank you!

D. Thompson

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Made a one night reservation for Crescent Bay Inn through Expedia because I wanted a night away from my place, saw the good reviews on TA and thought “Why not?”. I reserved an oceanview king room. I arrived for check in at about 5:30pm. The lobby is set up with a fireplace, Keurig coffeemaker and a small seating area the décor is modern and clean. The front desk agent was checking in another guest as I arrived and offered me a seat. I was impressed when I heard the front desk person taking very good care of the people in front of me; she was taking the time to make sure that they were taken care of and that they knew their way around the property. She offered them and I water which was a nice offer.
The check in for the people in front of me took a bit of time but I patiently waited as I thought/expected that the process would be just as detailed as when it was my turn… it wasn’t; I guess I was expected to eavesdrop on the other people’s check in and pay close attention, kind of a letdown. I was told how to get to the beach and where the breakfast room was located (She made sure to tell me that any guest could go in at any time to grab water from the room, which I will admit is kind of nice) then given my keys and wished a good day… notice something missing? Yeah, I wasn’t told where my room was located. I was in room #301, so I guessed my room would be in the third building (not too hard to figure out but I think that service-wise I was a missed opportunity).
From what I could see most of the rooms are on the second floor with parking underneath them (I am pretty sure I saw a few rooms at ground level), the stairs look a bit iffy at first glance but they were sturdy, my room was the first one and right next to the stairs.. my window faced into the walkway over the trees and houses and toward the ocean. Was it a perfectly clear oceanview? No… Could I see the ocean? Yes… Except if you want privacy, since it is technically a hallway/walkway in front of your window if you have your curtains open and want to enjoy the view anyone walking in front of your room can look in and enjoy the view as well… awkward…
The room… it is a modern room and nicely decorated… a little minimal but I kind of like that. The color scheme is a muted grays and earth tones. At first look the bathroom seemed like it was going to be a standard non-descript bathroom… until I saw the shower… All I can saw is WOW! The shower is fantastic.. big big big shower with a rainfall shower head on the ceiling and a handheld available as well.. nice tile (though it might have been marble) and it was clean. The towels were awful, there were 3 different bath towels in my room and all of them were scratchy... and the toilet paper was rough… traveler tip bring your own on both accounts. The sink area was large and had a ton of counter space that was not cluttered with a bunch of stuff (always nice to see that).
The room also had a little fridge and microwave; which is great… except there was no coffeemaker. I get that they have a big Keurig in the lobby, but having to get dressed to go get a cup of coffee is kind of lame (I really really like coffee… so thumbs down for this). There is a really big TV in the room though which was nice (the remote was hit or miss though). I went to put some stuff away in the drawers and decided to just keep my stuff in my bag after I found a bunch of pennies in the bottom drawer.
The pennies… so I find pennies in a drawer and it makes me wonder.. what else wasn’t cleaned? So I started looking around and noticed a few things… there was some dirt and small trash on the carpet (as if it hadn’t been vacuumed), there were finger prints and marks all over the metal legs of the coffee table and the night stand, the sink stopped wouldn’t open (had to use a bar of soap to prop it open)… little tiny things that I probably wouldn’t have noticed if it hadn’t been for the pennies. I left the room to walk around…
I noticed the small social area with the firepit; it was a nice area and looked like it could be pretty relaxing; except there was trash all over the place and it looked like it hadn’t been cleaned that day. From there I headed down to the beach and it was a nice walk and felt safe.
I went to downtown Laguna for dinner; it was a 20 minute walk mostly downhill to get there. The walk back took about 25-30minutes and it was mostly uphill… an easy walk but not ‘quick’. I got back to my room and practically ran to the shower; I wanted to take that puppy on a test drive… it did not disappoint… at ALL… the water pressure was good, the temperature controls were easy, the shampoo and soap smelled good; I took my sweet time in the shower primarily because I wanted to enjoy it but also because I wasn’t looking forward to the towels.
Time for bed… It looked nice and comfy, laid down and it was just right as far as support (not squishy and nor super firm)… I grabbed the pillow to settle in and I was beyond disappointed. Both pillows on the bed were poor excuses for pillows, they felt half empty, didn’t feel supportive and were obnoxiously bad; I tried using both pillows and that felt uncomfortable, I tried scrunching it up and that was worse… I ended up using the accent pillows to sleep as those at least had some substance. Here is where it gets worse; once I turned off the light I got that feeling in your stomach that you get when you feel like you forgot to do something important.. I realized I didn’t deadbolt and latch my door; so I get up and walk over to the door and realize that it only had this little deadbolt, no latch, no chain, nothing else put a small deadbolt… so mental mindset has me looking at the window and realizing that having an open hallway in front of my window with no security is not exactly the most reassuring feeling…
Woke up the next morning with a crick in my neck and immediately jumped into the shower (I was gonna use it as much as possible) and went to check out. I stopped by the breakfast room on my way out and it was basic, as a previous reviewer mentioned there were a few items that had been depleted but not replenished

The process for check out was quick but the conversation was a little awkward as the desk person started discussing her payroll with me; I made myself a cup of coffee, said good bye and headed out…
For the price, which was around $200 for an oceanview room (if they keep their low prices year round), it is not a bad deal… except you should probably bring your own pillows, towels and toilet paper or check with them beforehand to make sure that they have updated them… Also, I received a survey from the hotel when I checked out, I shared my feedback and it said that I would be hearing back from someone from the property within 3 days; I know the owner is out of town (from what the front desk person said) so I gave it more than 3 days… well, it’s been almost 2 weeks and no word; take that as you will… Don’t think I would stay again nor recommend.. So that’s my two cents… Happy travels!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From the minute we arrived to the minute we left, our stay was perfect. A really warm and friendly welcome was one of the many highlights of our stay. The room was newly appointed with top quality furnishings and fittings. Our room at the rear had a lovely view of the ocean, the beach being a short 3 minute walk away. Cleanliness was clearly a priority plus an eye to detail. (Microwave and Fridge in the room). Parking, breakfast and WiFi all included in the price. Hotel was a short distance from downtown Laguna...great for relaxation and restaurants. Great place to stay. Would we stay there again......Yes, Most Definitely!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
La Quinta, CA USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a fair value inn. Service was attentive and the room was very clean. More young people staying here rather than older couples. Not on the beach but a short walk down the hill. Continental breakfast and water & soft drinks anytime.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great place. Great remodeled rooms. Don't let the outside fool you. The rooms are first class inside and the beach, which is short walk away is fantastic. The staff is very friendly and helpful. And on weekends there is a free trolley that you can catch around the corner that can take you downtown and to south Laguna as well.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were visiting a nearby college and were going to stay only that night, but since the beach access was so great and the manager Daksha very friendly, we decided to stay one more night and spend another day at Luguna Beach! We were definitely not disappointed..The outside of the building looks kind of old, but they have completely fixed up the inside of the rooms in a very tasteful elegant manner. The showers are excellent and the rooms spacious. The rooms overlooking the ocean have awesome views. They have a decent breakfast with breads, bagels, pastries, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit and beverages. Our younger son loved the waffle maker:) We will surely come back to this place for longer stay in the future.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Crescent Bay Inn? Share your experiences!