“Hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were at Laguna Beach for a couple of days, so of course I looked at Trip Advisor for unique things to do. I read about the 1000 steps beach & immediately knew we needed to find. Here are a few things to know:
>There are no large signs that say 1000 steps, you have to literally go to 9th Ave & PCH
>Parking on the street can be busy, so you may have to walk a bit & there are no sidewalks part of the way. This is fine for adults, but I would not feel safe walking down busy PCH with a family.
>The steps down are fun & easy, it is the walk back up that is a quad killers
>The above being said, DO NOT pack a lot to carry. I say a couple of poor fathers that had chairs, cooler, beach bags, etc that had to stop & catch breathe not once, but twice while the mother was trying to carry the kiddos up the stairs. They both looked out of breath & not happy campers.
>Bathrooms only 2 stalls, line can get long & they are beach/public/park bathrooms (not a fan)
Once you are at the beach...it is beautiful, private, calm, romantic!
Homes looking out to the ocean equally as stunning.
I am so happy we made this a MUST on our stop in Laguna.
If I lived here, this would be at least a weekly workout for me & a romantic day at the beach with my man.

Visited August 2012
6 Thank Jeannie K

Hilton Head, South Carolina
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“I have to what??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My friend took me here to show me some great places to get amazing photos
the climb down looked fun..but wait I have to go back up too
It was a challenge but I felt better for having done it..
She said Make sure you take your husband here too!
I said Oh I will but Ill wait for him at the TOP!

1 Thank HHIBLONDE
moberly
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice beach, great workout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Parking is tough and finding these steps can even be more difficult. You get a great workout and share these steps with lots of other fitness minded people on a Saturday morning. Get your sweat on and enjoy the beautiful beach while you relax after the workout you put in.

1 Thank 09cas
Dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful relaxing beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Laguna Beach is full of shops, restaurants, and beaches. The 1000 steps beach in laguna beach is more private and gorgeous. Great for surfing. Beautiful scenery. It's kind of hidden so you may have to ask. Parking is limited.

1 Thank sweetnsour556
Cookham, United Kingdom
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 280 helpful votes
“Quiet and Relaxing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Although called the 1,000 steps beach - actually there are only 80 or so. Venture down and enjoy the tranquility of this local gem!