My wife and I just spent two wonderful nights in room 515 of the Laguna Riveria. First, it is much smaller looking in life then in the pictures. And it is definitely an older hotel catering to some long time users and surfers as well, right on a good surfing beach. Use Google to get street side view. The office folks are super nice and helpful in everyway.
There is a free continental breakfast, just average, but better then nothing.
The rooms are all unique and we were on the top floor with a room on either side.
Now, you would think being in the middle would be the least private, but actually here it is the most private. There is an average size room, then a pretty big lanai or wet room, then a balcony. The balcony has a table, 4 chairs and two comfy loungers in addition. There are walls (nice ones) that block your neighbors from looking into your balcony. The people on either side have only one wall and their side is open to anyone else looking in. Of course this is not like totally private anyway because several of these upper rooms can see across to other balconies. The room could have been bigger, but it was just fine, good shower, water pressure good and unlimited. Our view was great, surf part was blocked by lower building in front (see room 305 next) Now we got to go into a few other rooms when they were getting cleaned and we think room 305 is going to be awesome, it is full surf view, nobody able to look into the balcony, but no lanai, it is bigger with a full sofa bed to make up for it. If we go back we will ask for room 305, but 515 is lower cost and still a great room.
Last thing to tell you is we were there Saturday and Sunday nites, all was nice and quiet. On Monday morning around 10:00AM, they started to do some construction on the seawall below and that was anoying, but since were were out in 2 hours it was no big deal and it was not constant.
Now location, this is awesome, walk to everything, in the middle of the arts district, tons of galleries, shops to see. And don't forget to go the Marine room if you want some good music and dancing for folks 40 and up (although there were younger ones there too)
Did not have time to get to the Sandpiper which is even closer, but heard it was fun too.
The Deck was so pretentious we had to leave even though they had some Sunday evening Reggae.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Riviera Beach Hotel Laguna Beach
- Laguna Riviera Beach Hotel
- Laguna Riviera Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax year-round at this beach resort, set in tropical gardens terraced to the ocean's edge. Enjoy the ocean surf and spectacular views in a quiet setting. Relax in our heated sauna, indoor salt-water pool and Jacuzzi. Enjoy a Free continental breakfast in the cozy lounge and complementary Internet property wide. Parking is free and we are located close to downtown in world famous Laguna Beach. Come stay with us, this hide-a-way is waiting for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Laguna Riviera Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.