“The Best” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
New York
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went there many times and always had excellent food. Looking for impeccable wait staff? Go to Montage. Looking for great food? Go to Thai Brothers. It's that, simple.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Arizona
“Worse Than Frozen Dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was on my way to chinese when I decided to give Thai Bro another chance....a couple of years ago it was a big disappointment...I had Orange chicken and rice.....simple yet simply AWFUL.....frozen tastless chicken bits.....covered in a terrible orange goo that I tried for a few bites to like then decided that this was worse that UA flite food....worse than any frozen dinner ..so I picked at the chicken....and ate the rice....also not well cooked.....BUT the Thai beer was OK....Paid up and left deciding two strikes is enuf for me.....not going back....Too many good restaurants nearby with fresh ingredients/well prepared/and priced right in cleaner conditions.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible service, decent food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We arrived for a late dinner to find the place packed. I took that as a good sign. We spoke to a gentleman about the wait, and he told us approximately 30 minutes, so we put our name and number down and went or a stroll.

We returned in 30 minutes and waited for a table to become available: no issues with that. About 10 minutes later, a few tables become available. However, it takes another 20 minutes before they seat us. The tables (over half of the restaurant) just sat there empty while a few parties just stood around waiting in amazement. To this moment I still can't understand why we weren't seated.

Anyway, right about the time I was going to lose my temper, we were seated and drink orders taken. Apps were brought out quickly, and the meal shortly afterwards. judging from the speed of the kitchen, I can't imagine they were the holdup in our being seated.

The calamari was probably the worst I've had: thick tempura batter and sweet. The meals were decent. They had a nice flavour, just not a strong enough flavour. Portion size was great, except for the rice.

I believe the staff means well, they could just use some formal hospitality training (as is common with "mom & pop" restaurants).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Laguna Beach, California
“Best thai in Laguna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

A little family owned restaurant with nice atmosphere and fresh food. Fantastic pineapple Pad Thai and curries... They were also really flexible in preparing the dishes with our specific needs. Will definitely be back! The best Thai in Laguna!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas
“Average Thai in Laguna Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

While I can say that I have never had a bad meal here, I can also say that this place has never overly impressed me either. If you are looking for quaint and low-key atmosphere, this place works. I would rate the food a "B" and the service typical for a family-owned Thai food restaurant.

Visited April 2012