“Romantic Ambience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Splashes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 154 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Continental, Californian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blue Bird Canyon and Coast Hwy
Description: Terraced above the beach, with waves breaking just 25 feet below, the casually elegant Splashes Restaurant boasts some of California's best views and finest cuisine. Whether seated in the dining room or alfresco on the palm-shaded patio, you'll enjoy American Coastal Cuisine set against a dramatic backdrop of the Pacific Ocean.
Orange County, CA
“Romantic Ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our 21st anniversary at Splashes, Laguna Beach. If you are looking for great food and amazing ocean views, this is the place! The wait staff were very helpful and friendly. The food was a bit pricey, but it was well worth it for our special occasion, considering the views and atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Laguna Beach, California
“Great Ambiance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This restaurant is pricey, but worth it. The food is usually very good. If you can get a table by the window, nothing beats it! It's very romantic. Sometimes they have spa/lunch packages that are quite the deal and fun with a girlfriend.

Visited May 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“breakfast!! im still dreaming about it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

love love love the food, service great, we had breakfast here every morning of our 5 night stay and ate here for dinner and the food was lovely!

Visited May 2013
Laguna Niguel, California
“Incredibly wonderful experience - delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food and service at Splashes is incredibly wonderful. My swordfish was cooked to perfection, I've never had such a perfectly cooked piece of fish. My husband ordered the lamb, and he said it was the best meal he's ever had. Everything from our appetizer and drink in the bar and our salads, entrees and dessert in the restaurant was incredibly perfect. Seriously, this was the best meal I've had in years. Our table was outdoors on a somewhat chilly night and although we didn't need a blanket, it was nice to know that we could have a blanket because our amazing server Kiko offered us one. I must not forget to mention that Kiko is quite knowledgable about every detail on the menu. He told us he's tried everything! Definitely this place is worth the price. Will be going back and soon. Thanks Kiko for your amazing service.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Rude CHEF-NOT VEGAN or VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Had an unbelievable experience. I asked for a vegetable menu item to be sautéed or panfried rather than deep fried in a fryer that they use for everything...yes, that means, fish, fries, veggies in the same fryer. In any restaurant I have ever been to this small request would have been fine..at SPLASHES, IT WAS NOT! The waiter came to our table and said the chef was in a bad mood and would not do it. I was absolutely surprised, how could this be? The front end manager was standing right next to our table I asked him. He said that should not be a problem at all. He left came back, said nope, the CHEF IS IN A BAD MOOD, so he won't sauté' the dish for you, it's deep fried or nothing. Really? On top of that, the one item I could eat was horrible, had to send it back, went somewhere else to eat.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Surf_and_Sand_Resort, Assc. Director of Food & Beverage at Splashes, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear jjrrff,

Thank you for your review regarding your Splashes experience.
I sincerely apologize for the lack of flexibility in your request. As I am looking into it, rest assured that this unfortunate episode is not our way of treating our valuable guests. Accommodating requests and exceeding expectations is our focus. We appreciate you choosing us and sincerely regret the let down.
Our Executive Chef and I would like to personally invite you back for a memorable evening at your convenience. We kindly ask you the opportunity to show our service and food excellence we are well known for.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we will see you at Splashes again. Please reach out to me directly as I would like to invite you back personally.
My direct line is 949 376 2775 and email adapic@jcresorts.com.

Yours in Service,