We've gone to Laguna every summer for over 20 years. This time we thought we'd try Pacific Edge cause Joie de Vivre has a good reputation. Well they need to do more to improve this place, which used to be Vacation Village! Despite what is shown on their website the room we got was literally 200 sq feet looking at the side of the building next door. The closet had a curtain. The tiny closet sized bathroom tile grout was staring to break up, even though this was one of the renovated rooms. After complaining, which we heard other guests also doing, they offered us some ice. After complaining again, we were moved to another room on day 2 of 3. One of the un-renovated rooms, it was nicer with a larger bathroom and a partial view of the ocean, but thin walls.
On the good side, the beach was nice. The restaurant Driftwood was very good. And the Valet guys were very helpful with the car ($24/day and moving our luggage).
I will not return to this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach