We planned a family vacation to Laguna Beach and wanted easy beach access and to be near shops and restaurants. That's why we chose this hotel.
Location is the best thing this hotel has going for it. They have beach staff that will provide you with towels and chairs, and you virtually have a private beach. This was the best part of staying here. They also have a restaurant called the Driftwood that overlooks the beach and has a nice, reasonably priced menu with good food. The front desk was very nice and professional, and the valet service was good. The free trolley service stops right out front which was convenient.
Unless you are paying a premium to stay in the beach front buildings (Reef, Reef Tower, Surf, or Bungalows), please be aware that the two front buildings (Seas and Bahia) feel more like a motel than a hotel. Our room was small and only had two full size beds with a tiny bathroom. Also, our building had no elevator! Not fun lugging many suitcases, etc for our family up three flights (from the valet parking behind the building). Also, the front buildings face the South Coast Hwy and it is VERY loud. Whoever has renovated the hotel should consider replacing the old windows with triple paned ones (seriously). Between the hwy noise and our in-room, loud swamp cooler, we did not get much rest on our vacation :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach