Save Saved
You added Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel to your Saves list
Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   647 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651 (Formerly Vacation Village Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Before I arrived at this hotel I was extremely anxious. The reviews after we booked it seemed to be very negative and I was very close to cancelling the reservation! Travelling all the way from Ireland I wanted my stay in all my hotels to be perfect because I couldn't afford to come out and do it all again the right way!

Luckily, I didn't cancel and thank god! Firstly, the staff are really nice and were really chatty during checkin and really helpful giving us information on restaurants in the area. The room we were allocated was absolutely amazing, two seconds away from the beach which is exactly why we wanted to visit laguna beach!

A lot of complaints about the rooms being a bit run down and I have to agree to an extent. However, everything worked just fine. The bed was lovely, the kitchen was a welcome extra along with the table and two chairs. The bathroom was perhaps the worst element, but to be honest the whole experience was so lovely I didn't care.

Overall I think the vibe of this hotel is spot on. Is it really fancy and modern? No. However it is welcoming, clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. It's location is fantastic and everything you could want is within a walkable distance. If you're worried about coming here don't be because it is lovely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
We're so happy that you stayed with us! When you're coming from Ireland, we definitely understand how you would want to ensure that every single bit of your stay is perfect and I'm delighted that we were able to provide that for you. You can't go wrong with our location, that's for sure.

Needless to say, we'd absolutely love to welcome you back to your California home away from home. (Plus, I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to the rest of the staff. They'll be delighted to hear it.)

Bill Tremper, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Fort Wright, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had an amazing ocean view room. The hotel was decent but we had to have the bathroom cleaned once we arrived as there was someone else's hair all over. It was nice to open the balcony door and hear the ocean. One thing that would have made it better would have been if the hotel air conditioning units were inside instead of outside. Our neighbor had theirs constantly running and it rattled. Therefore, we didn't want to sit and enjoy the ocean because of the noise. The bed was very comfortable and one of the best I've ever slept in!

Room Tip: Request and ocean view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm happy our beds are some of the best you've ever slept on! Our housekeeping team works diligently to ensure that all of our rooms are in tip-top shape so I'm sorry to hear there was an oversight. I am happy you brought it to our attention so we could have your bathroom cleaned in a timely manner.

I appreciate the feedback on what could've made your visit better. Air conditioning units can rattle while keeping our guests cool so I truly apologize if that took away from your stay with us. I'm glad you were able to keep the balcony doors open to enjoy the ocean even if you preferred to not sit outside. Please keep us in mind next time you want to visit Laguna Beach!

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at Pacific Edge in late July. We had a room on the ocean - which I highly recommend if you go. We loved the retro-surfer decor and charm. The staff was wonderful and attentive. We ate at the deck and enjoyed the experience. It was great to step out onto the sand without walking too far ... great for families, couples, friends.

Room Tip: By all means, elect to get a room with an ocean view! OMG. It is well worth it! I cannot recommend o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the encouraging words, Cindy. Giving our guests a pleasant, relaxing stay is our number one goal, and it sounds like we did just that. Looking forward to welcoming you back next time!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Pacific hotel in Laguna beach a year ago. My room overlooked the Pacific ocean with the most amazing view of the ocean. I woke up each day to sunrise and surfers, what a dream. Not to mention the sound of the waves hitting the shore, how I wish I was back again. The hotel has cheaper rooms across the street from ocean front rooms, but I highly suggest you go all the way and live in grandeur. The room was very nice, clean, nicely decorated and the shower was fit for two...great! I would highly suggest you stay there if you are in Laguna beach, a real gem. The area around the hotel is great even for people without cars, lots to amenties around.

Room Tip: Pay the extra rate and book a room across the street (ocean front). The view is amazing and it is ve...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for the glowing review, Helen. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our ocean views and accommodations. The next time you visit Laguna Beach, we'd love to host you again!

Menifee, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The name Pacific Edge says it all. First when you enter the room it is bright and cheerful, lots of colors. You may feel like a surfer. Then go out to your Balcony/patio to sit, and you are right by the waves and sand, (of course for beach front rooms). The clear glas patio with railings provides a unobstructed view of the waves rolling in, so close; that you feel the water, and go to sleep with the surf pounding at night, great sleep.

Room Tip: Beach / ocean view the best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad you had such a nice time with us, Cheryl! We aim to show our guests a relaxing stay in Laguna Beach, and it sounds like we were right on point. Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The Pacific Edge is a bit on the pricey side, but well worth it for location and view. The property can use some updating on the exterior, but the rooms are nice, clean and comfy. It is worth paying extra and getting a room in the ocean!

• Stayed August 2013
Those ocean-side rooms are something, aren't they? Happy to hear we impressed you! Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts, and we can't wait to welcome you back to sunny California.

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our first room was right on the road side and I had great difficulty sleeping due to noise from road.Room was also in need of serious updating. In the morning I called Madison at the front desk and asked if another room was available. She said she would check & call me back. Within 5 minutes, she called and changed us to an updated room overlooking the pool in the Surf Wing.
I was travelling with 4 other women and Madison took it upon herself to move ALL of us to the Surf wing.We were very impressed with the GREAT customer service. Even though our room was not on the beach, the hotel is on the beach. We did enjoy an afternoon at the beach. Definitely would recommend Pacific Edge, but not a room on Pacific HWY .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
It was our pleasure to upgrade your room, Estelle! Madison is going to be absolutely thrilled to hear how much she impressed you and your friends. Thanks for letting us know, and for the lovely review. We hope to welcome all of you back again next year—or sooner!

Regards,
Bill Tremper, General Manager

Been to Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!