I live in New England where the winters can be a magical place of sparkling snows, glistening ice cycles and dazzling contrasts of light and dark! In reality - it's mostly dark - and gets that way very early and stays that way WAY too long, the snow is a pain to maneuver through and the cold and dampness get 'old' after the first 'glow of the first snow'! So we leave all this New England 'loveliness' and head to Laguna Beach for a 9 day respite. Many hours of research later, we make reservations at The Pacific Edge Hotel on So. Coast Highway smack in the middle of the town and even more desirable - steps to the beach!
From the minute we made the reservation on line, the correspondences from the hotel were immediate and sincere, w/continual email updates and requests for any additional upgrades or services. And when I called with questions, i was treated with respect, my concerns were answered professionally and completely.
Upon arrival, the 2-bedroom apartment w/kitchen we'd reserved was less than desirable. The hotel has a unique location in that part of it is located facing So. Coast Highway. The other buildings are on the beach (literally!) with the buildings separated by a small 'lane'. Our room was facing the highway overlooking the roof lines of the other buildings sitting on the beach! NOT HAPPY! Outdated in every way. When i approached the front desk for another room - the staff went in to overtime finding us a more acceptable accommodation - and they did! We switched to a Jr Suite located on the corner of the building so we had a huge deck, feet above the sand with sweeping views of the ocean, sea life, dolphins, whales and seals! We went to sleep with the sound of the crashing waves and woke up to the same view and sounds.
The staff at Pacific Edge are wonderful! From the professionals at the front desk to the dear housekeeping staff - there was a consistent display of "what can we do to make your stay incredible"! They are also under MAJOR renovations to the building/rooms on the beach - and i can't wait to stay in any one of those rooms! The construction was ever-present while we were there but it never imposed on our experience.
Location - walk to everything - shops, restaurants, boutiques, bars, grocery stores or plunk down on the beach and never move until you have to!
I will go back to Laguna at my next opportunity - i really didn't want to leave - and would stay at The Pacific Edge in a heart beat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach