I was in Laguna Beach for the day and booked a room at the Pacific Edge on a whim using the HotelTonight app. Pros: Great deal, central location, pleasant daytime staff, lobby decorated/maintained well, clean linens. Cons: Run-down room, threadbare towels, broken toilet paper holder, musty smell in room that lasted thoughout the entire stay. Upon return to the room at the end of my night out the key did not work, so I went to the the front desk for assistance. The night clerk said I was never checked in (which has to be incorrect since I had already been able to access the room and drop off my stuff), demanded my credit card (even though I had paid for the room in full through the app and already provided my card for incidentals upon check in), and took about 20 minutes to get me new keys (when I originally checked in, the whole process took about 3 minutes). When I finally got into my room, it was evident someone had been inside and items were shuffled around. It was unnerving, but we were tired and since ntohing was missing, we decided to deal with it in the morning. The staff on duty at check out were very nice and ensured that no additional charges were on my card. Walking out, we caught a peek of other rooms which appeared to be much nicer than the room we had for the night, but I guess you get what you pay for. All said and done, I would stay there again, but not for a penny more than deal I got using the app.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, BookIt.com, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach