“Perfectly Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Seattle, Washington
“Perfectly Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This place has it figured out... they know exactly how to maximize what they have. Like any hotel, there are some drawbacks, but you will barely notice them because the rest is done so well.

The service is some of the best. I arrived with my little dog, who was greeted and given a toy, and we were personally taken to our room. The room itself is a bit of a disappointment-- the approach feels like a motel and the ceilings are a bit low-- but that's the only real 'minus' of the place. They do all they can to deliver on what they have: the bathroom is well appointed- the spa scrub brush will have you asking 'are you sure I can take this with me?".

The service is flawless. Perfect. One day while eating my lunch (and not really enjoying it) they came over and said they saw I hadn't eaten much and they wanted to replace it. I never said anything-- it was just their care in noticing. The service of the staff has an authentic warmth to it-- on my third day there they recognized me and also my patterns (aka: that I did email in the lobby each night and they would expect me).

The beach is beautiful. Dogs aren't allowed unleashed which is a little bummer because they sure want to run in the waves.

If service is your thing- go. You will love it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family stayed at the Montage Laguna Beach for 10 amazing nights. The resort and the grounds are gorgeous. Most of the rooms have some ocean view and ours was no exception. The room view was the best part of our stay. The sunset each evening just took our breath away. But the room itself was nothing special. It was cozy with a southern country vibe, but it was way too small for a family of three. We were a little high maintenance during our stay, requesting a crib, pack and play, diaper genie, and a second refrigerator. They even helped us set up our nanny cam with their wireless internet. Everything was fulfilled without any problems or delay, just great service. Some older kid had a number two in the kiddy pool, but they had it drained and cleaned the following day. Problem solved.
Just a few complaints. The valet had a huge problem with our car one of the days. I guess an employee had parked their car behind ours, so they couldn't retrieve it for us. Normally, we would have just taken a cab, but we needed our car seat. Of course they were apologetic, but we understandably just wanted our car, not an apology. I feel like the valet attendants were trying to hide the fact that this happened so they wouldn't get in trouble. We were still charged about $400 for valet services during our stay, no refund or discount for their mistake. So obviously no one was told of the this, even though we had asked several times.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
MauricioSouzaDoR, Director of Rooms at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at Montage Laguna Beach. I am very grateful that you and your family chose to spend a part of your summer with us and am thrilled that we are now your "new favorite resort in Laguna." I regret that your experience with our Valet team took away from an otherwise pleasant visit and would like to formally apologize to you. Please respond to the private message I’ve sent you - I look forward to hearing from you.

Mauricio Souza
Director of Rooms
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I have traveled extensively both for work and pleasure for 30 years and Montage is by far, the nicest hotel/resort we have ever stayed at. From the moment you arrive you are treated like royalty. Our guest receptionist, Stephanie, was kind enough to show us around before personally showing us to our room. The views will take your breathe away, the room is elegantly appointed, the bathroom is luxurious with a soaking tub and fluffy robes. The food at the Montage is delicious, the service is excellent, and the memories you will make will last a lifetime. My husband and I felt like two love birds, walking hand in hand on the perfectly groomed path behind the hotel, stopping on the well placed benches to ooh and aah at the ocean views. At night you can grab a drink and sit by the fire or take a swim in the gorgeous pool. The beds are so comfortable I didn't want to leave. I will wear the Montage cap left on our dashboard with pride and be the biggest ambassador for this outstanding resort. I tip my cap to the GM, you have done a fine job sir.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Montage is a fantastic hotel. You might think it is expensive but it is worth every penny! From the minute they greet you to the minute you leave! They attend to every thing you might need!!! LOVE this place!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Amazing location! Room beautifully appointed. I called ahead and had a frig and microwave added to the room. Loved the stereo system that offered speakers in the bathroom. Bath tub amazing. Staff super friendly and helpful. Enjoyed our time out at the pool. Warning burgers start at $25.00 poolside. We just went to Ruby's up the street and came back to enjoy the beach. Great resort for couples and families.

• Stayed August 2013
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

If you have the opportunity to vacation in Laguna beach and the $$$$$ to stay at a Luxurious Resort and area with a lot of Art, History, Nightlife and the Best of the Best eating establishments ever then This would be the place!
The Montage in Laguna Beach is an A+++ 5 Star Resort that sits right on the cliff side of the Pacific Ocean. They have placed assorted color lighting in the waters all across the resort front and in the evening the view is gorgeous. You can sit out at there outside bar/cafe by the fire pit and eat drink talk with friends and locals and enjoy the view.

It is within walking distance to downtown , where there are fine art shops, clothing, jewelry, pottery, almost anything your heart desires you will find downtown Laguna Beach. Not to mention over 30 phenomenal restaurants, pubs, bakery's, outside cafe's , Ice Cream stores and of course Starbucks and other small quaint coffee houses.

One of the other attractions that is a must see must go is the "Sawdust Festival" there you will find over 50 local Artisan's with there original ware's on display or making them right in front of you from jewelry to to glass blowing. Which is amazing to watch. If you go during the time when the " Pageant of the Masters" is going on Bonus! Because this is an unbelievable showing of figurines made out of wax and other materials that look so real you think that they actually are,
Laguna California is truly worth vacationing at, just be prepared to spend money and don't be in a rush because it is a very crowded city as it is a very desire able place to live and vacation. The summer months are much more crowded as most great vacation spots are.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I travel all the time for business and pleasure and this is by far....the best hotel I have ever stayed at! Everything about it is fantastic !

- service
- location
- food and beverage
- room
- etc.

Cannot wait to get back

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Montage Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!