I read the reviews and though the price was steep, my husband and I decided that it seemed worth trying for a few nights on a little getaway. I was blown away by how lovely the hotel was. We were on a mini-babymoon and I mentioned that when they asked about special occasions upon my phone booking. From the moment we arrived, it seems that their very well connected computer system let everyone know our name and what we are celebrating. They had champagne and apple cider delivered to our room to celebrate after upgrading our room. I was congratulated at every restaurant on the property. The room and view were gorgeous. It was, however, the pool that made us cancel our next reservation in temecula to stay longer. It is huge and heated to 82 degrees. We spent all day there and had lunch and snacks throughout the day while looking out to the ocean. There was a lap pool that wasn't as warm (per my husband) as well but I had zero interest in leaving the main pool. We spent some time in the gym on breaks away from the pool during which I worked out on machines while looking over the lap pool to the beautiful ocean view. All the staff were great. My only complaints would be that the spa is far too expensive, even compared to other luxury hotels we have stayed at. Additionally, The Studio (their fine dining restaurant) could have somewhat better food for the cost though the service and atmosphere were spectacular. We will most certainly stay here again if we make our way up from San Diego for any reason at all in the future. Of note, the location is a bit of a hike from the main street and restaurants in Laguna Beach so a car is a must and valet will cost you steep. We spent most of our time at the hotel and had a car to go our for dinner so not too big of a deal for us but something to consider.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Laguna Beach Hotel
- Montage Laguna Beach Hotel Laguna Beach
- Montage Hotel Laguna Beach
- Montage Resort Laguna Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Resort & Spa Laguna Beach is a luxury California beach resort where guests enjoy premium services including gourmet restaurants, an oceanfront spa, swimming pools, and sports facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Montage Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.