I live in San Diego and every year for my birthday, I drive up to Laguna Beach and try a different 5 star hotel. So far I have tried, The Ritz, St Regis and now the Montage. The Montage was by far my favorite of all of them.
The good. This property is amazing! It is on the Ocean on the bluff. I was there is January so going to "lay out" was not an option. There is a very nice path along the bluff with the ocean beneath you. You can also go down the stairs to walk on the beach. Other great things about this are the pools. The main pool is big! There is a GREAT lap pool in spa area that also looks over the ocean. You can also have lunch out at this pool. The fitness facility is great. I spent time at the Spa. I had a facial. It was a good facial but as you would expect was very expensive. The service at this hotel was first class. This facility is dog friendly and I brought my CCI puppy in training to be a service dog and everyone was so accommodating.
The location: This facility is on the far South End of Laguna. There is a good shopping center across the street to get food and snacks. They also have a few casual restaurants. To get to the center of Laguna, it is about 5 miles. The hotel will bring you there which is really important if you plan on drinking with dinner. The police frequent PCH with DUI stops. If you want to be right in the village of Laguna, I would look at Surf and Sand. Not anywhere as nice of a facility but closer to the town.
The not so good: Parking is $35 a day. The price of the hotel is steep. They do run deals especially in the winter so check the web site for specials. If you are flexible, you can get $100 or more off during the specials. The views are probably good if you stay in a higher level room. I stayed in the Coastal View room (their cheapest, $495 a night) and you dont have a view of the Ocean since you are on the ground level. All the rooms are offset from the Ocean. If you are looking to be ON the ocean, the Surf and Sand is on the ocean with the waves breaking right in front of you.
If you are looking for a 5 star hotel in So Cal, this is a great choice. I cant wait to go back.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Laguna Beach Hotel
- Montage Laguna Beach Hotel Laguna Beach
- Montage Hotel Laguna Beach
- Montage Resort Laguna Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Resort & Spa Laguna Beach is a luxury California beach resort where guests enjoy premium services including gourmet restaurants, an oceanfront spa, swimming pools, and sports facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Montage Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.