“Montage Sells Itself” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Kingston, MA
“Montage Sells Itself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our daughter kept telling us about the Montage always singing its praises as a result we decided to spend a few days at the Montage while we were in California.
This luxury beach resort has a reputation that precedes itself. You could not ask for a better location. This resort is not in a secluded area. There are restaurants, shopping, art galleries and churches all within a mile or two including a super market.
The Montage is a stunning place made even more beautiful by their picturesque landscaping. The grounds are immaculately groomed with beautiful plants and mature flowering trees. Take a walk around the pretty pathways that allow you to stroll leisurely and appreciate the gardens including two palm trees called “Lucy and Desi Trees”.
Our guest room 419 has a wonderful shoreline view, exceptionally spacious lavish bathroom with all the amenities you could want or need.
After a long snowy winter in New England I treated myself to an aromatic Renewal Facial. Audrey, an awesome esthetician, made me completely relaxed especially pampered and my skin was glowing. I was thoroughly impressed with my spa treatment.
In conclusion, as first time guests, all of our expectations were met beyond our imaginations and we left the Montage with many unforgettable experiences. Thank you to the entire staff team for being so attentive and helpful. We had an absolutely fantastic time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I will be sure to share your sentiments with Audrey in Spa Montage who will be delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your Renewal facial. We sincerely value your comments and praise!

Warm regards,

Todd Orlich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My 2nd visit here and it again has impressed me. The main ingredient for TS access, apart from the perfect location is the incredibly friendly and attentive staff. I love it here. We had a private barbecue for my son's Graduation and they did a superb job for my family. The restaurants and pool area make this a great destination..

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Over the top resort. If you want to see what "real" excellent service is like, spend a few days here. The staff is second to none. The resort is beautiful, clean and has stunning views of the pacific. The rooms are spacious and comfortable.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here two nights in May, 2013 for a business conference. As such I paid a deeply discounted rate. I feel like the rate was appropriate. The hotel is lovely, spotless, the service is impeccable. I had some odd dietary restrictions from my doctor this trip... I was concerned that it would be difficult. I just explained to the staff exactly what I needed to eat. Not a problem at all. Granted I paid $12 for two cups of vegetables and $10 for sparkling water... but at least it wasn't stressful.

My room was large and comfortable. I nice separate shower and big tub. Small but comfortable balcony. I had no view without leaning out my window except of a house and very cute poodle.

My only complaint was I could here conversations in the room next door which surprised me. The woman next to me got a phone call at 5:30 am and proceeded with the discussion for some time. I can tell you all about her plans... Once the call ended I was able to fall back to sleep.

I do think the pillow top on my bed needed replacing.. it had two divets where people sleep and a large hump in the middle.I am sure had I requested a change it would have happened immediately, as it was just me, I just settled into one of the divets.

Overall lovely and worth the price I paid. Had I paid the going rate, the rating would be pretty low on the value scale...

Room Tip: Ask for a view... the backside rooms look into a neighborhood.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for your compliments of our “spotless” hotel. I am glad you enjoyed yourself and found the service to be impeccable. I have shared your feedback regarding the noise disturbance and bedding with the team. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to amend this on your next visit. I have left you a private message with my contact information and would be happy to assist you in the future.

Warm regards,

Todd Orlich
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is by far one of the most laid back relaxing venues we have traveled to. The grounds are stunning, the rooms are clean, well maintained, comfortable and up to date. The restaurants are superb and the location is perfect for anyone wanting to explore the beach cities south of Los Angeles.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have not stayed at Montage, only enjoyed the atmosphere by dining there. I don't think a more beautiful beach front location exists! The food was amazing in the The Loft and the views to die for. It is incredibly relaxing. There is also a great place to sit and people watch upstairs (which is actually on the Lobby level). There is a bar and piano and many different locations to sit with a view inside or out here. While it is pricey, I found it worth every penny. Service was impeccable for us as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

A world class combo of place and people, our weekend at the Montage was an extraordinary experience. Classic beach design and elegant comfort abound. The only distraction--valet parking bottlenecks on every arrival.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Montage Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!