To start off, I did not select The Montage for vacation myself- while I love nice things I usually tend more towards boutique hotels and places that offer more adventure and less poolside leisure. On the other hand, after staying here the place was beautiful and the service was spectacular- attentive but unobtrusive most of the time- though occasionally a little too fussy for my own taste.
It was a nice change of pace for me and while the prices are extremely high ($70 for two people to have lunch poolside with no alcohol), I have really never received service quite so attentive. The front desk was also nice enough to move us closer to the other guests with whom we came, which I really appreciated. The live white phalaenopsis orchids, champagne, chocolate and luxury bath toiletries were also very welcome touches. The rooms overall were extremely comfortable and I enjoyed the sound systems and the extremely plush beds.
Both pools and the ocean view workout facilities were excellent. I also ended up visiting the spa twice and really enjoyed it- the facial I received was easily one of the best I have ever had and the facilities are top of the line. The esthetician was very knowledgeable, not rushed, and I did not have any irritation afterwards, meaning I enjoyed the treatment both before and after. Unfortunately, when we went all out for the couples massage, it was solid but not amazing while it was happening and ultimately resulted in a visit to the dermatologist. The two masseuses were professional but didn't seem to go above and beyond or to be very happy to be there, and whatever oil they used caused my back to break out badly enough that it had to be treated. Unfortunately, my fiance wasn't impressed, either.
Overall I really enjoyed our stay here and it was a nice change of pace for my fiance and myself but I am not sure it would be worth it to me to go back on my own. There are so many beautiful, incredible places in Laguna that I would like to explore!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Resort & Spa Laguna Beach is a luxury California beach resort where guests enjoy premium services including gourmet restaurants, an oceanfront spa, swimming pools, and sports facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Montage Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Laguna Beach Hotel Laguna Beach
- Montage Hotel Laguna Beach
- Montage Resort Laguna Beach