“"Amazing way to spend our Anniversary"...” 5 of 5 stars

You added Montage Laguna Beach to your Saves list
Montage Laguna Beach
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   30801 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651   |
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
“"Amazing way to spend our Anniversary"...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

This Hotel is amazing, the Staff is attentive & it never ceases to amaze me how they never forget my name when I return. As a Hotel General Manager myself, I marvel at such synergy between employees.....jealous actually. Even the Bellman & GSA that checked us in recognized that it was our Anniversary, very nice touch.

The View from our room was breathtaking & the room was extremely well maintained, spotless. Great In-Room Amenities as well, everything you could ever need or want is in the room ready & waiting. I will never stay anywhere else when looking for a nice romantic weekend away....still no clue how this Hotel is ranked # 2..???? # 1 in my book.

Thanks again Team Montage.....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
We are delighted that you chose to spend your anniversary with us, and that the service and amenities did not disappoint. Your compliments are sincerely appreciated, and even more so considering you are in the hospitality industry. Montage is committed to creating lasting relationships with our guests and we are grateful for the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back for another romantic getaway!

Todd Orlich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Turkish first
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Montage Laguna Beach for three nights. This was our second stay here. Once again, an amazing experience! The property is amazing, the employees go out of their way to accommodate you, and the setting is beautiful!

If you're traveling as a couple, this place is amazing. If you're traveling with children, they have people to take care of your children while you relax. The rooms are very, very comfortable. The staff tends to your every need. They even have a complimentary shuttle that takes you downtown and will pick you up--all free of charge. (Of course if you give them a tip, it's very much appreciated!)

If you are someone who doesn't like connecting rooms, please request a non-connecting room upon check-in. The connecting room we had connected not only to one room but two rooms! The occupants of one of the room were quite noisy--you could hear everything--and I mean everything!!!

Would we stay here again? In a heartbeat!

Room Tip: All rooms have an oceanfront feel. If in a beach bungalow room and you don't need a connecting r...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
We are certainly fortunate to have such an amazing team of associates. I am glad that their extraordinary efforts contributed to a wonderful stay. Many more relaxing stays await you, I am sure. I will send you a private message in which I hope to obtain your contact information. I would like to update your notes in regard to room preference to ensure that all of your future stays are seamless.

All the best,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

One of the Best Resorts we've ever been to. The location is great. Very Luxurious. It can't better than this.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed there recently on a company retreat and had a wonderful experience at the resort. Location of the hotel is brilliant, very scenic view overlooking the ocean.

I stayed at the standard room overlooking the pool/Ocean and the room was elegant, good sized for a beach side hotel and the bathroom was brilliantly done, marble floors to top it off.

The hotel is surrounded by gardens and the grounds were nicely maintained and gives that alluring feeling of both the Ocean in front of you and the calmness from all the grounds of the hotel.

The fitness center is great and has got quiet a view. The doors open to ocean views and it had a good set of equipment.

We tried food at two of the restaurants and they were good. Food is fresh and well prepared and the service at the restaurants were very attentive and quick.

Service overall at this hotel was quiet good. Very attentive staff all around and did not had anything to complain about the staff service.

Overall it was a great hotel, good service, good selection of restaurants and comes with a view that was quiet stunning.

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Curacao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Rooms / suites nice but not extraordinary . Service was very good . Food was decent , but we did not feel there were enough healthy choices , in spite of montage having its own local organIc patch.

Was not particuallarly impressed compared to what I had heard and read.

• Stayed September 2011
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
It is with regret that I read your review of Montage Laguna Beach. Your disappointment with your accommodations and dining outlets is certainly disconcerting. We consider your feedback truly invaluable, and would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back. I hope we can redefine your experience as well as better introduce you to our local grown, organic cuisine. In addition to this response, I will be sending you a private message with my contact information. I would love to discuss how we can give you a better experience in the future.

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I’ve stayed at the Montage Laguna Beach a handful of times and it is always The Absolute Best experience! When you walk in they greet you by name, or if you have stayed previously, they welcome you back. They give you a wonderful tour of the hotel and the accommodations and then escort you to your room. Your luggage follows promptly.

Every room has a spectacular beach view and a wonderful patio to enjoy. They have huge closets, full length mirrors, extremely comfy beds, a desk and a couch in each room. The bathrooms are awesome! They have huge wonderful tubs with full size toiletries and large candles. It’s perfect to unwind in. After, I usually take the goodies they leave in my room for me out to the patio with a few of the candles and one of their throw blankets and listen to the waves crash before I head off to bed.

My last experience there was on the night before my wedding and on my first night married. The hotel staff was awesome. They will gladly accommodate any need you have while also respecting your space. This hotel was a huge part of making my wedding day even more spectacular! Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

The hotel is beautiful the serivice beyond compare....the food is great and the wine is fabulous! Drop eveything and come to fun in the sun...the pool is kept at a 82 degrees all year round and the ocean breeze is rejuvnation to your soul

Room Tip: all the rooms face the ocean
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#10 of 22 in Laguna Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 356 reviews

Been to Montage Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!