“Beach front with terraces” 3 of 5 stars

Capri Laguna Inn On The Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1441 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651   |
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Beach front with terraces”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

You have to weigh your options when you limit your preferences to beach front. I had a private patio in room 713- the front desk said it was shared, but the hotel construction worked in my favor! The room adjacent to mine was under renovation;). I did get a sewer smell when my room was closed up -----

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Fred S, General Manager at Capri Laguna Inn On The Beach, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear of your poor experience.
We do thank you for your comments and your feedback. Clearly, that is the only way we really know how we did and where our weaknesses and strengths are. I regret that we dropped the ball so many times during your stay.

I've shared your review with our Housekeeping Dept.and Chief Engineer and have asked for their immediate corrective actions to ensure your experience isn't duplicated. We pride ourselves in our ability to provide excellent experiences, but in this case it seems we've failed. For this we are truly sorry!!!
We hope you'll give us another opportunity to regain your trust. We wish you all the best in your travels.

Warmest Regards,

Fred Schoneke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We loved our stay at laguna beach! This hotel is a bit older, but the rooms on the beach front are awesome! Nick was great and accommodated us with a room switch witch was terrific! The continental breakfast was great too! As soon as you walk on the beach they're there to greet you with chairs and umbellas or whatever you may need. Restaurant options are good and in walking distance.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this awesome review! It really means a lot to our team members to get mentioned by name, so thank you for making a point to recognize them individually! I'm so glad you were so impressed with the guest service...We definitely aim to please! We want our guests to feel like this is their home away from home while on the road, so I'm thrilled that you left with that impression. I truly hope that we will be your first choice if your travels bring you back to the area.

Thanks for sharing such wonderful feedback about your stay!

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last year with my boyfriend and some friends. It's located on the beach, which we decided we were willing to pay a little more for.
The place is charming on the outside; the outside is white and has staggered rooms with stairs leading up and down the hotel - it reminded me of Greece. However, the parking situation is tight and there aren't many spaces to choose from (they have an additional lot away from the hotel). When we checked in, our room wasn't booked or there was a problem. Either way,they upgraded both our room and our friend's, so we appreciated that.
The new rooms were closer to the beach with hotel access to the water. However, I think the hotel in general is way overpriced. You are paying for the proximity to the ocean, that's for sure.
The rooms were white and very beachy, but were extremely worn and old. Our window didn't lock, the bathroom was very tiny, and the room needed some TLC. When you're that close to the beach, though, that's usually what you get.
All in all, it wasn't an amazing hotel, but it was nice. The upgraded room closer to the beach was what really made our trip. However, I would not stay here again because it was extremely expensive for even the smaller of rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I was delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable stay and that your accommodations exceeded your expectations. Our Team is here to serve all of our guests and it is nice to receive such positive feedback that I can share with them. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the Laguna Beach area.

Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 7 days and loved every minute of it. The staff was GREAT, especially Josh B. with checking in. We got a suite with the most gorgeous view of the ocean and the sound of the waves crashing below; literally 10 feet away from the hotel at high tide.

We arrived on Mon. and never drove our car until we left on Sun. because there is so much to do within walking distance: restaurants, shops, strolling down the beach, playing in the ocean. Sitting on our balcony was our favorite of all, watching the sunsets. The hotel was built in the 50s and they've done a great job keeping it quaint and comfy with their remodeling. The breakfast was simple and the coffee delicious.

We didn't want to leave at the end of our 7 days and can't wait to go back!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fred S, General Manager at Capri Laguna Inn On The Beach, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor to let others know about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback!

Thank you for your kind words about the cleanliness of our rooms, convenience of our location and service from our staff. We pride ourselves in delivering only the best service to our hotel guests and I am delighted to hear that our service exceeded you and your family’s expectations.

In the future, feel free to contact our hotel directly to make reservations for we often offer seasonal promotions for multiple night bookings!

Once again, we appreciate your kind compliments and recommendations and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Southern California!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I gotta get back! Awesome view. Nice hotel! Private balcony put to use! We fell asleep on the patio chairs listening to the ocean!!! ...................................
..can't wait to go back!!!!""""

• Stayed May 2014
Fred S, General Manager at Capri Laguna Inn On The Beach, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience here at Capri Laguna Hotel . We are happy that you found the accommodations and amenities beneficial. We pride in guest satisfaction and glad that staff were able to help you in every way. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Again, we thank you for your honest feedback.

Hotel Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We also recieved the buy 2 nights get 1 night free. According to the website it looks like the oceanview rooms ALL face the ocean, this is not true. We were first given room 722, it's kitty-corner to the actual ocean and the balcony was shared with 2 other rooms. My boyfriend asked John at the front desk to switch our room so we could have a better view. He gladly accomodated us. Moved us to 712, great room with a fireplace! He even kept our rate the same! Staff was very friendly. There was minor construction going on, but no big deal. The pool is a little dated, but you're at the ocean! Who cares about the pool?! All in all, great stay. We will definitely be back. Thanks Capri at Laguna!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your honest feedback, and will take this as a learning piece to ensure we train our staff appropriately. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Hopefully we'll be able to welcome you back again in the future. Thank you!

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Be aware of the bait and switch on the buy 2 nights get one free. When I received confirmation on our room, it stated $172 a night. At check in, it was bumped to $258. Plus the $30 resort fee. I questioned the rate at check in but their was no manager to speak to. I had to sign the contract in order to get our room as it was memorial weekend and everything else was sold out. I went back each day to the front desk for clarification and was never able to talk to a manager. When I checked out on Monday, I told the front desk I was not paying the $258 rate as I had a hard copy of the reservation with me that stated $172. They told me a manager would call me that day to discuss the rate. I asked for their corporate number and was told I could not have it. I was also told that I was not the first person to complain about this. I left 3 messages and also emailed the company and had no response. Finally, after 9 days, I called again and got the general manager. In short, he said I didn't understand the rate and they were not changing anything. And the fact I signed the contract when checking in, I was stuck. As stated in other reviews, the pool area is very dated and the bathroom door does not close. The only bonus is they have a starbucks coffee machine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear of your poor experience.

Warmest Regards,

Fred Schoneke

Been to Capri Laguna Inn On The Beach? Share your experiences!