“Excellent location, need to book a beachfront room.” 3 of 5 stars

Capri Laguna On The Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1441 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651   |
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent location, need to book a beachfront room.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I read some reviews before going so knew that Hotel is older and not resort quality. We enjoyed our stay in ocean front room. Excellent location in Laguna ,Starbucks coffee was great available all day and with the breakfast. We enjoyed the sounds of the ocean waves while sitting on the balcony in the evening. I would recommend ocean front room.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank kim c

Provo, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Hotel is OK but not at all what they make it seem. The room was nothing like the pictures, it was outdated, old and it smelled pretty bad. No a/c just a ceiling fan. The pool is small and management is terrible. They have bad customer service. They give you breakfast, but they will charge a "resort fee" ($30/night) I don't think this hotel qualifies as a resort. The breakfast is not worth the $30.00 just bread, coffee, juice box and cereal. The only nice thing about it is that it's on the beach but if you get a room on the side of the street like we did then you don't even get to see it.
At checkout they charged me the fees and when I looked on my bank statement they had charged me for the entire stay which I had already paid for 3 months prior! I called and a guy named Max said we hadn't paid and that the manager wasn't there, when I talked to the manager she said it was just a hold on my card. Why do they have to hold money I already paid them?! It's sad that you go wanting to have a nice, relaxing time and then you have to deal with this stuff. The staff wouldn't even say "good morning" . I did like the beach attendants, they gave us a couple of chairs, towels and an umbrella, but that was it. I will not be staying at this hotel again and I do not recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a standard room, if you must stay at this hotel get a beach front room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pipopeka

Travelers are raving about these Laguna Beach hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Let me start with I made my reservations for my annual family trip February 2013 to stay July 2013. I decided to call the week before our trip to get check in time they had lost all three room reservations apparently they had new management. My first reservations were three ocean view king bed rooms. Since they lost them we got a honeymoon suite a partial view room and a standard room not at all what are group wanted not to mention they couldn't compensate the original rates that were given previously. Since I booked all rooms I put the hold on my card I was told pay when u get here well not so much they charged me for my moms room 916$ then my sisters 368$ after she already called and gave them her card number instead. Mind you we haven't even checked in yet for these charges to be put on my card. We get there I'm told we can check in early however the front desk girl Elenora tells me the room is not ready sometimes they have walk ins at night for rooms my take on this is that someone stayed in it. So we get our rooms I go and talk to gm Fred when he arrives work and tell him so far what they have put us through. The gm finally finds my sisters reservation she gets an ocean view room but can't find ours. He decides to figure out a way to get us an ocean view room however he also says no one was ever in the partial view room that I was led to believe front desk Elenora decides to step in and tell me I twisted her words and that I'm a liar I was flabbergasted to be spoken to this way I asked who are you to speak to me this why she replied with who are you my response in a paying customer and then she told me they can refuse my service which is when the gm Fred finally decides to step in after everything this wretched woman spoke to me in this manner and she never even apologized. We get all the rooms we want and I get charged again 256$ on my card for reasons they don't know. Later see them have a good old time on the streets probably during work hours and having a fling and that's why he didnt step in when she talked to me that way. When we go to check out gm has to call my bank and have all the charges reversed on my card. This was the worst situation and I will also say we were not the only ones irate at the hotel we ran into a couple more groups that were unhappy to say the least. I know it's a long story but people need to know the new management is not professional nor organized and if you don't want multiethnic charges I'm your card don't go there!!!!! Sad stayed here before the new management loved it but will never stay again I should have been offered at least two nights free after all that!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Cmarenko
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Pictures are very different from the web site. Rooms are old and stinking, full of humidity. The furniture is the cheapest and oldest stuff. They showed us the breakfast table which costs $30. It was a small corner at the entrance which they called "breakfast". Everything in the room was so old and dirty, the door to the balcony broke while trying to pen it. The door was unlocked all the time, unsecured. The walls, the ground, everything was uneven. And the best part was it costed $435 for one night !!! They also charged the breakfast which we did not have !!! NEVER INTEND TO STAY HERE.

Room Tip: If there is only this hotel left in the whole Laguna Beach, I shall not stay there.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel is a gem ,the most beautiful panoramic view of the ocean, needless to say property was built in the 50's needs some improvements, which the management is working on.My wife and I were visiting from Vegas and decided to stay for 2 days.
The staff is great and the new GM is a extract of diplomacy ,we will return again.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Carlsbad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

First, Id like to say that I have stayed in MANY hotels, resorts, hostels and this by far has the worst of pretty much every area one could wish acceptable in a hotel. The website makes it look amazing, but thats about it.
We arrived about 15 minutes early to check in (3 PM) and we were greated by the receptionist, Kisha, who at first did not see us and was laughing that one of the guests cars were hit to another employee, needless to say very unprofessional. We were then informed that our room would not be ready for another 45 minutes. Looking around at that point we saw the ACTUAL state of the place. It is a mess! We walked down to see the rooms and we found that construction had been going on, and we werent informed of this... And, I AM actually an inspector and found MANY problems with the property, it SHOULD NOT BE RUNNING until repairs are completed. But this is just the beginning to the issues with the place. We waited 2 hours to get our room cleaned,just after closing the door we were called 3 times within 2 minutes, by the manager and asked (after we hung up the line the first two times) VERY RUDELY and I quote "ARE YOU STAYING OR ARENT YOU? I NEED TO SELL THE ROOM!".... we had already booked the room and settling in....the manager should be fired, the place condemed until repairs are completed, and the staff replaced to say the least... Again, this is just half of the experience we had here within 2 hours of arriving...DONT STAY HERE, save your money and peace of heart for some place reputable. This was our 3 year anniversary...thanks Capri Laguna. Ill be dealing with the health and safety issues within the week.

1 Thank t w