“Very friendly and accommodating” 4 of 5 stars

Seaside Laguna Inn & Suites
1661 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651   |
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Very friendly and accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by our stay at Seaside. After driving round Laguna at 6pm on a Saturday night trying to find accommodation, and only finding a few foul smelling rooms at extortionate prices, we called Seaside and they said it looked like they had a no show and to come by. We were greeted warmly and shown a large suite with balcony and kitchenette at a reasonable price. All was perfectly clean and parking outside was free (this isn't the case in a lot of places around here!). We were given great tips on restaurants and things to do in the area and generally made to feel very welcome.
We really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely go back

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Santa Barbara, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Planning on staying in Laguna Beach to attend pageant of the masters, we began our search for a close, affordable hotel. Since we were only staying for one night our choices were limted but we decided on Seaside Laguna Inn and Suites. I always check trip advisor first before booking and to be honest I was a little nervous based on the reviews. However, when we arrived we were pleasantly suprised. We reserved the king bed room and it was an quaint, cute room. It was modern, clean and updated. we even had our own balcony. It was perfect! I would absolutely stay here again.

The only draw back was that there seemed to be a celebratory group of people in the room above us, but when we notified management they quickly took care of it and they occupants quieted down. Great service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Short Hills, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our research led us to expect better. Perhaps we got one of the worst rooms (it does seem that this is a hotel you should ask to see particular rooms). Our room was very small with a tiny unrenovated bathroom. There was a small pedestal sink and no room to put anything. Shower was a small stall that was quite worn out. The shower head was too low to stand under and I am only 5'8". We did find the bed comfortable and the room kept clean (though the worn bathroom did not look clean even when clean). At a minimum steer clear of room 110.

Room Tip: Avoid room 110
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Southern California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were so excited to try out this hotel based on the positive reviews. I saw one recent bad review and figured it came from someone who was "a complainer". He complained it was dirty- I didn't find it dirty but it seems like the renovation was interrupted or they ran out of money. The rooms are very small, no biggie, but the toilets have to be flushed 3 times for the paper to go down. They replaced the mirror in the bathroom with a smaller mirror and didn't bother to fix the wall where you can see they ripped the old one off. They didn't patch holes in the walls and they did nothing to soundproof the place. We had an upstairs ocean view room. You can hear the ocean in-between
the street noise of cars and motorcycles. You can also hear every word and way more than you
want to from your neighbors on both sides. The beds which promise to lull you to sleep are hard and cheap as are the pillows.

My recommendation is if you are not concerned about any of the issues i brought up and you can sleep anywhere and through any noises without problem, this place may work for you. If you are a
light sleeper, I would look for another place.

Here are a few positives to end on-it's close to the free trolley line, you can see the ocean from your room, not the white water but its still the ocean. The manager was very nice and let us park our car in the lot before our room was ready and then called us on our cell when it was (before normal check-in) Free parking and wi-fi.

Time to get dressed and check out...based on the water pressure, I'll wait to get home to shower.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Definately not the st Regis but awesome beach hotel. The two gentalman who operate the hotel were the best. Remembered my name and were very welcoming. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The pillows were the upgrade pillows instead of the cheap standard pillows. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

A nice place to stay for a nite after attending the Laguna Beach Pageant of the Masters. Room 110 was a small European sized room but more than OK for one nite. The queen sized bed pretty much filled the room but was comfortable and the sheets and pillows were clean. Likewise the tiny bathroom was clean and the towels, while not plush nor large, were adequate as were the little soaps, lotion and shampoo. It is located on the beach side of the Coast Highway and serviced by the free Laguna Shuttle which made it a piece of cake getting to and from the Pageant. The front desk staff were nice and helpful - pointed out where to catch the free shuttle and gave us a great recommendation for lunch (rooftop of the Casa del Camino hotel with a nice ocean view). While nothing is cheap in Laguna Beach we found the rate here to be among the lowest among hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

First off let me say, 2 years ago I started the painstaking journey of working on a business called AlertTheGlobe.com. A month after the 'dream' (read about it on alerttheglobe.com) I was walking the streets of Laguna Beach and stumbled on Seaside Laguna Inn at the end of town, kind of. I walked in to check room availability and ended up practically staying there on and off for months and months. My home is Mt. Shasta Ca and my office was in Burbank, but Laguna was calling me, for I love the ocean. Well I loved staying at Seaside quite a bit. It was nice and clean and the views are the best. But what I loved most was the two gentlemen I met, Majic and Tino. These two souls are probably the warmest, kindest people one could meet. They were not just Hotel Managers, they were people that actually cared about people. About a year ago, Tino and Majik left. I stopped going to Seaside.
Will last week, like a boy excited about Christmas coming, I learned something. Tino and Majik are BACK!! AlertTheGlobe started in those rooms and now, thanks to the new owners of Seaside, ATG gets to come back!! Yahooo!!! Thanks to the great spirit in the sky and waters. Thanks to you Tino and Majik. And to all you reading this, I would take a venture down the street in Laguna Beach to meet these two most wonderful souls. And, yes, the place is a lot nicer than when I stayed there so STAY THERE too.

Room Tip: Just ask Tino or Majik or get in touch with me via my website.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Seaside Laguna Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!