“Poor Coordination made it the worst experience ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 30 Activities in Laguna Beach
Newport Beach, California
“Poor Coordination made it the worst experience ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We booked this tour with family and friends and received the worst service. No one knew what they were doing and the girls who ran this were rude and uninformative. They were more busy with their phones than their customers.

Visited July 2011

Lake Forest, CA
“Could be a good tour, BUT...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Unfortunately the day we booked the tour, was not one of their stellar days, My tour, was fully booked for a Saturday morning. The tour guide told me that this particular tour was one of her largest, (13 People). All the people were there at the correct time, except the tour guide. She was 15 to 20 minutes late without an explanation. I must say all of the places we stopped to eat were quite delicious. The problem was the late start. I think it threw the rest of the tour off. She brought us twice to a Laguna cottage, which was the Laguna Historical Society, and she kept telling us how beautiful it was inside, but it was locked in front, and she said we could enter through the back. We then left and never entered. We crisscrossed the small downtown area without any real sense of being on a guided tour. Maybe it was just a bad day for the tour guide, but whatever, I feel they need to get their act together a little bit better.

Visited August 2011
Aliso Viejo, California
11 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Introduction to an Orange County Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

It is sometimes so easy to overlook the gems that are right in your own backyard. The Flavors of Laguna tour is a great way to be reminded of how privileged I am to live so close to such a beautiful place.

As others have noted, parking in Laguna is tough. I found a street meter close to the starting point, La Sirena Grill, but that afforded me 3 hours for $3. It was actually easy to refill the meter when it was close to expiring (uh...I mean, move my car), and 6 hours was plenty of time for the tour & drinks afterwards. It would have been nice to park up the hill and take the free shuttle, but the tour covers a lot in a little distance, and my car was never far away.

The tour takes you through a variety of local spots - from "the world's second smallest cathedral," to restaurants, sandwich shops, gift shops, and an art gallery. Along the way we got to hear bits of history of Laguna Beach...funny to think that one of the "oldest" places in Orange County only goes back 100 or so years of settlement.

Our stops included the following:
La Sirena Grill (Organic Mexican)
Gallo's Subs
Candy Baron (Small candy sample)
Lumberyard Restaurant
Cafe Zinc
Stephen Frank
Ocean Ave. Brewery (beer tasting)
Pizza Lounge (Pizza made from fresh ingredients)
Helen Cope House
St. Francis by the Sea Cathedral
Murphy-Smith Bungalow
The lifeguard tower
Wyland studios
I can say that nothing that I ate along the way wasn't good...well, maybe with the exception of Cafe Zinc's Southwest Salad, but that was just my preference. Everything else was superb.

This is a great activity for both tourists and locals (we were informed that most of the people who book this tour are locals!), and with the Goldstar deal, the value for the money is excellent!

Visited August 2011
“The Perfect Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011 via mobile

My pregnant wife and I celebrated our babymoon by taking this tour. Our tourguide was amazing and all of the restaurants and vendors were fantastic. Although wine and beer tasting were part of the tour, our tourguide went out of her way to make sure that my wife didn't feel left out by supplying her with fresh lemonade. This really was a great way to kickoff our time in Laguna and I am sure my wife and I will take the tour again.

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

This is a MUST do for anyone spending any time in Laguna Beach! We were only there one night and did the Flavors of Laguna the second day, but wished we were going to be there longer so we could go back and eat at some of the amazing restaurants they took us to! We will be back and we WILL do the tour again even. My suggestion is that you do it on day one of your visit so you can go back and revisit some of the places you liked! Amazing, amazing, amazing! Fun, friendly, fabulous!

Visited March 2011