“Best apple pie ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nirvana Grille - Laguna Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 154 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Vegetarian, Californian, Organic
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach & Broadway
Transit: There is a public transport drop off at the main Laguna Beach depot 100 Yards East of the building.
Description: Our Laguna Beach location is ideally situated blocks from both the beach and the historic art festivals. Close to all major access points it is poised to provide a fantastic dining experience with quality and conscious food. The rhythm of our Laguna restaurant is lively, upbeat and with the addition of a full service bar, a hot spot for locals and tourists alike. Our communal bar tables provide the opportunity to meet your neighbors, while our intimate booths offer more privacy for small gatherings and our ‘Chef’s Table’ allows groups of 12 and under to enjoy Semi- private dining. Our “Bliss Bar” Rooftop Patio with a peek-a-boo ocean and city views, offers the perfect experience with al-fresco evening dining or cocktails & appetizers in our lounge. This location is available for any & all private events for lunches, dinners, or cocktail receptions. Available for Showers, Weddings, Corporate Events, Special Occasions, Large Parties, or just dinner for 2. Our philosophy begins at the local level working closely with area growers and the highest quality purveyors to ensure that our predominately organic produce, meat, wild fish & free-range chicken are provided. Nightly specials include: Tuesday: Local’s Night (20% off), Wednesday: Wine Night (Complimentary Corkage-2 bottle maximum), Thursday: 3 course $30/40 Prix Fixe Menu, Sunday: $15 Chef's Special. We also offer Happy Hour all night, at our communal bar area, including 50% off salads, soups and appetizers (not including protein add-ons).
Laramie
“Best apple pie ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My sister, Peggy Trott, suggested this restaurant and we weren't disappointed. I say the poblano chili appetizer is a must. I have never had such a great appetizer and the home made apple pie for dessert was my favorite. This is not to say that all of our entrees weren't terrific too.

Visited July 2013

Seattle
“Annoying service ruined my dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

After we left the restaurant, I told my friend I nearly gave our waiter $10 to go have a drink at the bar and leave us alone for a few minutes. Ours was the only occupied table upstairs on an early Saturday night and I think our waiter and his assistant were just bored enough to keep pestering us. We gave him an assignment of figuring out a way to block the blinding sun which he soon accomplished, and then hurried right back. I'm not sure whether I was more annoyed by the obvious upselling (all of his "favorite" items were the most expensive dishes on the menu), or by his removing dishes before we'd all completed our meal.

I felt a little snarky with my comments to my friend, then chuckled when I picked up the June/July issue of "Town and Country" magazine which featured this article: "Barbarians at the Dinner Table - Why Eating Out is So Incredibly Annoying These Days." The article says too many diners have bad manners (true) and too many waitpersons are simply killing time with these restaurant jobs so don't really bother to understand what constitutes good service.

The food? I guess it was OK, although my mushroom and spinach salad was really quite bland. I couldn't really settle in to enjoy the food, though, as I had to protect my plate by saying "no, I'm not finished yet" more than once.

If I find myself in Laguna Beach again, I will give this place another try because I hear it's good, but I think I'll sit at the bar next time.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Just GO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The kale salad is worth the trip! We sat at the bar and enjoyed happy hour with the best cocktails - we tried two and both were signature drinks. We then shared the salad and I ordered the grilled vegi plate. Best lentils I have ever eaten. Intimate setting and perfect for a night out with friends to have great conversation. I would recommend this place highly!

Visited June 2013
Laguna Beach, California
“Unbelievably great EVERY BITE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friend and I deceided to taste as many foods as we could. We shared each item, though I will clearly state I ate the most.
I started with mushroom soup; couldn't believe the fine flavors, the savor being perfect; moved to the chopped salad with the crusty rolls and sweet butter between bites... ate the fresh, tender,tasty, pretty salad with goat cheese and yummy beets, which though split was still quite large, ate it all; the next item Stuffed Protabello Mushroom, just awesome in texture, seasoning... and by that time I was actually full, but wouldn't stop because of how good it tasted. Then the wild salmon dinner was presented with the salmon perfectly cooked leaving it moist and tender, set on pureed root vegetables delicately seasoned to perfection. Can't believe I ate it all, but I did. A wee pause, then came the chocolate volcano cake with both cinnemon ice cream and salty carmel flanking the sides.. Mind you, I was bursting but I ate it all anyway as I sipped the French pressed decaff coffee. I regretted not tasting the raspberry ice cream, mentioned that to the waitress. She returned with a rather large taste, and believe it or not, as full as I was to literal pain, it tasted GREAT! Let me add, from entering the restaurant, I felt welcome. The waitress could not have been better, friendlier or quick with the orders. When asked if she would make the coffee from the Figi water because they don't use filtered water, she responded she would be delighted to do so. She did everything to make the experience of dining absolutely phenominal. Everything about the dining was incredible, worthy of a repeat!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, CA
“Ate here for a Rehearsal Dinner so...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We obviously had a set menu and at the advice of the waiter I went with the sea bass. It was good but I kept noticing everyone's filet as it appeared to the dinner of choice. My wife went with the filet and it was good. It was better than my bass. The service was good as were the drinks. Since I didn't pay for dinner, I can't comment on the price but the drinks were pricing as usual - it's Laguna Beach. Would I go back? Yeah, I probably would but I'd also be on the lookout for other worthwhile restaurants.

Visited March 2013