“Cali Surf Chic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Laguna Beach House

You added Laguna Beach House to your Saves list
Laguna Beach House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   475 N Pacific Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651 (Formerly Laguna Cliffs Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Cali Surf Chic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Really enjoyed our stay at this aptly named spot. I believe it is newly updated and the small touches give that complete sand between your toes vibe. The lobby is super hip and perfectly curated with rustic Cali artefacts. The rooms are well sized and of chic surf design- love the book shelf, hanging boards and in particular the south of the border bathroom sink. The staff were really on point with precise yet not too formal service. Of all this two things really stood out to me. 1. The best mini bar selection I have ever seen(strange I know!) 2. You actually get the feel of being a resident of Laguna. Of the various hotels in the area this is unique. Being nestled among the locals with views of the lawn bowls club and Pacific really makes you feel part of the scene. The location is great with a short walk to the coastal track and downtown Laguna. The pool is perfect and with yoga next door and Urth Café going in across the street and we will be heading back v.soon. Love it!

Room Tip: Request the rooms on the south wing as they have views of Laguna Beach
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
El Cajon, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Hotel is Great . The Front Desk personal is Very Nice.
House keeping is another Story.

I would not recommend bring your pets. For House keeping make Big Issues and will cost you the Pet Waver. No Matter what you do to make every effort to take responsibility of your animals.

My dog had gotten sick while there and he used the patio potty. {while, was Water like Accidents} I proceeded to get rags and disinfectant from house keeping to clean up after every mess. I also used Hot water and soap. Ice was in his kennel 95 % of the time unless we were to go for walks or he was sick and we couldn't make it outside.
Because of the issues I was Having with my Dog, I decided to cut my stay One day short.

House keeping Supervisor proceeds to tell the owner there was Dog Pooh on the patio.{Should of Taken Photos} Can' Trust anyone. SAD!!!!!

Yes the place is Beautiful .
Won't return. When I am told one thing and then completely different out come.
I don't need to be Slapped Twice.
Animals Not Recommended!!!!! And take photos when departing. Never taking what people say ,always get it in writing. {House Keeping Is Ridiculous.}

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Rachel T, General Manager at Laguna Beach House, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Marlys A,

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to The Laguna Beach House. We take all comments positive and negative seriously as we will learn from both. We will certainly review our pet policy in order to avoid situations like yours in the future. I am terribly sorry Ice was not feeling well and I am equally sorry you feel you cannot trust our staff. We would love to restore your faith in the our product and service the next time you are in Laguna Beach, please give us a second chance to exceed you expectations. Please reach out to me directly the next time you plan to visit.

Rachel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

One star because I had to. It was and has been hell since my visit two weeks ago. Here's part of a letter I wrote to the general manager (in which I didn't get a reply on obviously), it should explain everything.

Rachel,

This hotels mistakes has put me in a financial mess. I do not have anymore time to spend on this issue. I have now been charged even more in overdraft fees than the cost of the room and your "smoking fee." Both my visit and the post experience were daunting which makes it hard for me to be patient. I am losing sleep at night and thinking about this issue even when I am at work because nothing seems to be getting done. (I also have a medical condition that can worsen due to this stress) Personally, I along with the friends I was staying at the hotel with felt racially discriminated against by your staff. I never wanted to get anyone in trouble because that's not how I do business however, as a manager I think it's important that you know how your staff is choosing who to be nice to. As soon as I walked in and asked a few questions about checking in they looked at me like I was incapable of understanding what they had to say and were not helpful- extremely insulting. Then housekeeping kept knocking on our door to "see if we needed cleaning" - that happened three times in the course of 20 hours. I can say that this is beyond just a horrific experience at a hotel but the WORST experience I've ever had with any business. We also got two calls from your staff during our stay once saying the music was loud in which it wasn't but we turned it completely off and two to accuse us of smoking in the room.

I ask that you reimburse me for the full price of the room and the overdraft fees caused by this. If Adrian at the front desk hadn't lied about the $250 fee being reimbursed originally because they "double charged me" for the stay, I would have been a little more calm. It is for those reasons which makes me question my trust with anything you or anyone at that hotel tells me.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Najiaam,

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to The Laguna Beach House. I am terribly sorry you did not receive a response to your letter; unfortunately, I did not receive it. As per our phone conversations I am currently working with your bank to resolve the situation. I would like to apologize for the less than favorable experience you had with my Guest Service Team, we strive to make every guest feel welcomed and clearly we did not deliver and for that I am truly sorry. I want to rebuild your trust and faith in our property, please give us a second chance to do so. Please reach out to me directly when you are ready to return to Laguna Beach.

Rachel
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Our son lives nearby so we have stayed here at least several times as it is somewhat affordable. They have done a great job with the remodel and it has received a totally new look. The rooms are quite refreshing from the old tired and dark look they once had. We wish they had glassware for the bar instead of plastic and paper cups. The shower gurgled when the toilet was flushed.....ugh and they no longer offer any pastries or fruit in the morning. The basket of snacks are ridiculously expensive and priced as if they don't really want you to take any. The staff is nice but it is really just one person at the front desk.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor offers some view but not much; 1st floor is at pool level and maybe a bit noisier
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed 2 night in oceanview room 208. The recent renovations have lightened up the surroundings and made this hotel very inviting. Parking is $14 but honestly, the walks to town easy so you don't the care very much.
This hotel is located one block from Hessler Park, a beautifully landscaped park along the beach, so accessing ocean is quick and easy. Every morning, we walked to downtown Laguna Beach 15 minute walk and found great food and desserts (the deck for breakfast and gelato paradiso for gelato. There is also a whole foods on broadway and many oranice food and juice choices.
We have stayed twice before and this third time was the best. Thank you Rachel Tejada for making our stay so pleasant and relaxing!

Room Tip: high up on second floor for best oceanviews...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My fiancé and I recently visited The Laguna Beach House hotel , it was amazing!
The wine reception, milk and cookies before bed and the coffee in the morning were great but what really made the stay perfect was the level of customer of service that Troy delivered.... Troy went above and beyond . , The rooms were beautiful & the bed extremely comfortable ...
Views of the beach were breath taking & romantic
We cannot wait to book our next long weekend there..
Tammy & Douglas

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend and were thoroughly pleased with this hotel. Recent renovations complete and they offer a quaint, friendly and convenient place to stay while visiting Laguna Beach. Within walking distance to Main Beach, Las Brisas and the downtown area, we found it to be a great option for our family. Every night we enjoyed the hot tub/jacuzzi and pool, followed by time by the fire pit. The beds are very comfortable and each room is clean, updated and retro style beach decor. (I am a hotel snob and chose this hotel over a 4 star option!). The staff is very friendly and helpful each time you pass through the lobby area. They made fantastic breakfast and dinner suggestions for us along with ensuring that our bags were taken care of on our last day in town. Looking forward to going back in a few months and, yes, we will stay at Laguna Beach House!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Been to Laguna Beach House? Share your experiences!