“Just perfect for the family:-)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Laguna Cliffs Inn

Save Saved
You added Laguna Cliffs Inn to your Saves list
Laguna Cliffs Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   475 N. Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651 (Formerly By the Sea Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
“Just perfect for the family:-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Very pleasant, comfortable and clean. Right in the heart of Laguna. Nice pool and jacuzzi. Beach is just down the steps behind the propedty. Glimpse of tbe Pacific from patio. 5 minute walk to town. This will be my goto spot in Laguna, especially if they keep the reasonable room rates:-).

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We have the best summer ever.The staff was so helpful and friendly special thanks to Jamie she is outstand.
This is amazing location , we walked to the beach,restaurants and supermarkets.
We can't wait to come back next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rachel T, General Manager at Laguna Cliffs Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Mariza L,

Thank you for letting us know we are wonderful, especially Janie! Her knowledge and love of Laguna Beach is shared with so many of our guests.

Our location is north of Downtown Laguna but still in short distance. We are also steps away from the free Laguna trolley stop which is perfect for exploring other areas of Laguna Beach.
Mariza L, thank you again for your wonderful review and we look forward to you coming back next year.

Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I planned this trip the day of, just because I wanted to get away. There was a great deal on the hotelstonightapp, so I decided to book. As soon as I pulled up to the hotel, I knew it was not what I wanted. It is a bit run down looking on the outside. It looks more like a motel than a hotel. The rooms were okay. They were spacious but a little outdated. We had an ocean view but nowhere to sit and enjoy it. There are no balconies. You would have to sit out in a public area if you wanted to enjoy the view. Although, I was not too happy with the atmosphere of the hotel, it is in a great location. Walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Close to the beach, a really nice park and walking trail. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. The lady at the check in desk offered suggestions on where to go, and also gave us a coupon for a restaurant we were planning on visiting. They also offer cookies upon arrival and coffee service in the morning. Personally, I would not stay here again. I am a bit finicky when it comes to hotels, but if you are more about location, this is a great choice.

Miss TinaIrvine:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay. You will be pleased to know that we will be going through a renovation this year that will address your concerns of the exterior and outdated rooms. The rooms will have a bright beachy feel that will only enhance our guests stay.

I know that you were disappointed not to have a balcony to enjoy the ocean view but I would like to assure you that a few of our rooms offer a private balcony. It is always best to book through our reservations department to reserve a specific room type.

I would also like to thank you for pointing out our great location and friendly staff. Our associates pride themselves on sharing the Laguna Beach experience with all of our guests.
Miss TinaIrvine, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to stay with us after the reservations. I am positive you will love the change.

Crestline, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

It is on the beach side of the Pacific Coast Highway. But it does not have an unobstructed view of the ocean. There is a building between you and Heisler Park on the cliffs. The website does not make this clear.

Having said this, it is still very well situated for walking to all the main sights in Laguna Beach. A two minute walk brings you to the cliffs. A 15 minute walk brings you to Main Beach, the little down town and the shuttle for the Sawdust Festival.

The staff were great, courteous, friendly, helpful and professional. The hotel changed hands recently and lost our reservations (good thing I called to confirm our reservations a few weeks prior!) and they corrected the mistake without any problems.

The room was up-to-date and comfortable. The little pool is pocket sized but you’re there mainly for the beach, right?

If you stay there for the 4th of July, as we did, the fireworks explode directly overhead and you do not have to fight the crowds on the cliffs, we just watched from the hotel’s pool area.

I’d go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Laguna Cliffs Inn is a great place-charming, well- appointed and welcoming. Came down for a friend's 60th birthday party and decided to spend Saturday night. Unlike a number of other hotels, the Laguna Cliffs Inn did not have a two-night minimum. We had a slight delay getting into the room at the 4 pm check-In time, but Zack, the guy on duty, took care of us. The room was a good size, and nicely furnished. We weren't high enough up to get much of an ocean view, but our room, 110, had a nice patio that provided a glimpse of the ocean. The hotel has a small pool, several patio- style table and chairs around the pool area, and a complimentary continental breakfast. The location is north of highway 133, and there was ample parking. I will definitely stay here again. The staff was very nice and the property is well-maintained. The beach is walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the highest floor have the best ocean view.
Dear Rolau:

I hope that you had an amazing time celebrating your friend’s birthday. Laguna Beach truly has a lot to offer for those special getaways. While I wish your check in did not have any delays I am thankful that Zach was able to take care of you. He is truly a valued associate at Laguna Cliffs Inn.
Laguna Cliffs Inn is a ten minute walk to the heart of the Laguna Beach and a five minute walk to Picnic Beach. While we no longer offer a continental breakfast we like to start your morning with Croughnuts and Coffee.
Rolau, thank you for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you back at Laguna Cliffs Inn.
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here for one night over the weekend.

-Free Wifi
-Free Parking

Love the amenities of this place! Upon arrival we were given fresh baked cookies. Right next to the check-in there are flavored water (orange water when we were there) and hot drinks you can select from. It's not just your usual coffee either. They had an entire box full of different teas and hot cocoa. And thank you for putting the creamer in the fridge! Don't know how many places I've been to where it's just left out on the counter... Free instant oatmeal, breakfast bars, and trail mix in your room.

And thank you for giving me free Q-tips and cotton balls in our room. I know it's trivial but when I get out of that shower my ears long for a visit from the cotton swab. Honestly I think this should be a standard at all hotels!

The staff were friendly. They even gave us a guide book of what there is to do around the place.

One suggestion though.. upon checking out the staff member asked my husband how our stay was... It was a bit awkward being put on the spotlight. My husband had some comments on areas that can be improved upon, but resorted to the generic reply of "everything was great. Maybe provide a feedback form in the room?

As for the room it was alright. Did not love the super soft squarish pillow. The bed was ok. The AC is a wall unit which was kind of loud.

Overall it was a good one night stay. Wouldn't mind staying here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fontana, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My family and I just stayed at this hotel. My wife found a great deal from Hotel Tonight App that she found. The original room that we were going to get wasn't ready, so we were given a much larger room. Even though the room was nice, we didn't have a view of the ocean: negative. The hotel description stated that they had breakfast: negative. They stopped serving breakfast in May. All they offer are coffee and pastries. Their description also says free parking: negative. They charge $12 parking per night, which isn't bad. Other places charge up to $40 per night. There's more pros and cons about this place I would like to write on here, but I leave that up to you my fellow travelers.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Laguna Cliffs Inn? Share your experiences!