“Amazing and Better Than Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2510 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651   |
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bay Point, California
“Amazing and Better Than Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2006

This is my second stay at Casa Laguna and I would never have thought that there was room for improvement from our last stay because it was excellent then, but it has gotten better. They have tweeked details. The expanded gourmet breakfast certainly got my attention. You now have all of the regular buffet items plus one item from the menu that is made up once you order. My daughter ordered fresh berry crepes and I had a fluffy cheese and chili quiche, a table mate ordered the fresh apple french toast that was stacked a mile high. All were beautifully presented and scrumptous! What we really thought was above and beyond was the 24hr. coffee/tea/hot cocoa set up on the kitchen patio. I enjoyed the late evening cup of decaf with my complimentary cookie before bed at night and as an early riser I was able to sneak down and get coffee before most staff were even awake. This may seem trivial but I was impressed that under the coffee spout there were coffee beans filled inside a small silver beverage coaster that was placed on the table to prevent coffee drips from soiling the linens. I'm so impressed! Fresh flowers on the night stand, real green plant in the room, not fake. Remote control fireplace in our room. My daughter was afraid to open the water bottles in the room for fear of the usual exorbatant charges that hotels charge for bottled water and I told her, "go ahead they are complimentary", what a change, she was in disbelief and had to read the brochure herself before she would open one. The jetted bathroom tub had the usual shower and tub nozzle in addition to a hand held for washing hair in the tub. I loved it,and have never seen that in a hotel/B&B. A candle at the tub and even MATCHES were provided (which I took home for my match collection, thank-you). Enough complimentary toiltries to satify even the most discerning goodie hound and even a zip lock bag to drag home the soggy soap that you just can't seem to leave behind. Yes, I have been known to wrap them in toilet paper and stuff them in my suitcase. I just can't waste a perfectly good bar of soap. Comfy beds, immaculate rooms and property. I slept like a baby only to wake up looking at the beautiful Pacific ocean from my bed. Our stay was perfect!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Watford. England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2006

Everything seemed picturesque and comfortable. We had to change our stay because I was sick, and they were very good about this. So far so good.
It was our misfortune to be staying in room 16. At 3.30 am our room phone rang. There was a woman outside claiming that the (nameless) guests in our room would let her in. The receptionist wanted to know if we would do so. Our night's sleep was totally disrupted.
What's the point of a comfortable bed if the hotel itself decides to deliberately wake you? Hotels have a duty to protect their guests from such behaviour.
When we complained in the morning, the apology was, to say the least half-baked and wishy washy. Things can and do go wrong. The test of a professional establishment is how mistakes are dealt with. This gets 0 out of 10.

• Stayed March 2006
CasaGirl, General Manager at Casa Laguna Inn & Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Unfortunately, a hotel or inn has no way of recognizing whether a person who is insisting on seeing or talking to a guest is a friend or a relative without calling the guest and verifying that this is or is not the case. The double-check for this is, of course, is whether or not the individual knows the name and home town of the guest. I assume from old trout’s reaction that this was not the case when this incident occurred some five years ago. Prospective guests should rest assured that Casa Laguna’s privacy policy is in line with the standard of the industry. We would never interrupt a guest’s sleep unless we had a high degree of certainty that there was an emergency situation of which the guest would logically expect to be informed. We greatly regret this unfortunate incident from 2006, in which it appears the desk clerk may not have followed policy.
Cali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2006

My family and I just returned from a 2 night stay at the inn. It was very relaxing and the staff were all very friendly. It was nice to be able to travel with our two kids AND our bulldog. The flora everywhere smelled so nice not to mention looked great too. Breakfast was delicous although I really missed having breakfast potatoes alongside my omlete. Stayed in the Mission Suite, and the accomodations were roomy and clean. The carpet in the bedroom and the worn out couch could definatley use some updating however everything else was great. Very comfortable bed. My favorite room was the bathroom, the tub was roomy enough for two and there was even a tealight provided to enhance the romantic experience. Another favorite of mine was the pool and the jacuzzi, very nice and did I mention clean? The location was good away from the hustle and bustle of LA yet still close enough to easily access Disneyland area. The town had plenty of cool shops and yummy restaurants very nearby. Definelty my #1 choice to stay when traveling to the LA area.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2006

Once again i was awed for five days by my recent stay at Casa Laguna. Three years ago, i discovered the B&B while searching on-line. Since that time i have made yearly returns to find that it is possible to improve on perfection. Every detail counts at this cozy getaway. This time i stayed in their premier "room"--The Cottage, which was actually four rooms with fireplace, jacuzzi "stand alone" tub, sauna, full kitchen, and porch area that provided wonderful views of the pacific sunset. The newest improvements that i noted this time were the continued attention to detail with respect to tile work and shrubbery; an onsite spa; a new hot tub area that allows for views of the pacific while you enjoy; an expanded gourmet breakfast menu; and a new "cordial hour" (which is actually from 8-10 each night. Go to the Casa! You'll never want to leave!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2006

Talk about attention to detail, this place is incredible. The bed was very comfortable, the room quiet, the groundskeeping detailed, the view of the ocean spectacular. We wanted a romantic weekend on the coast and we found Casa Laguna to be just what the doctor ordered. We really enjoyed the daily wine and cheese social in the main dining room next to the fireplace. And the breakfasts were fantastic. Laguna Beach is an incredible town for relaxing and enjoying the scenery: Casa Laguna is the best place to stay when you are in the area. We will definitely return to stay there again and again.

Nanaimo , B.C. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2006

Casa Laguna is the ideal spot for two girlfriends from opposite ends of Canada to "catch up on their lives", relax, enjoy the absolutely delicious breakfasts, wine, Swedish massage & above all the charming atmosphere of the Hotel. Everything is there to meet your every need. Can't wait to return to this perfect getaway.

• Stayed November 2005
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2006

We recently spend 3 days at the Casa Laguna Inn. We did not want to leave! It was fabulous! They have thought of every little detail.
The breakfasts are amazing as are the grounds. There are plenty of spots to sit on your own and enjoy the wonderful ocean views. We had a deluxe ocean view room which was so very appealing. Bed was very comfortable. The jacuzzi tub for two was wonderful-there was even a dimmer light and candle by the tub. The towels and robes are very plush-it was hard to put on anything else :) They provided fruit, homemade cookies, water, chocolates in the room. They had a large selection of dvds to go with the dvd player in the room, a selection of magazines and there was complimentary internet services. Coffee/tea was available to help yourself all day long. There was wine/cheese in the late afternoon and cordials in the evening. Warren and the staff were fabulous. The Inn is located about 4 blocks from a secluded beach where we saw dolphins very close to shore. It is about a mile or so from the main area of Laguna Beach-we enjoyed the walk and were happy to be away from the hussle/bussle of the town. We could go on and on about this place. We will be back and we will stay longer. We read the reviews and saw pictures before we decided to reserve a room here- the pictures do not do it justice. This is a place you do not want to miss!

Been to Casa Laguna Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!