We stayed at Casa Laguna for 2 nights in Nov 2013. We came here to relax and Casa Laguna helped us rejuvenate ourselves. Here are my two cents:
1) Breakfast is awesome. Their Chefs have won competitions and know their stuff.
2) Ambience inside the inn is well maintained. Fountains and Music create the right mood for relaxing
3) About a mile from Laguna downtown - far from crowds
4) Small touches here and there added to the experience
5) Evening wine hour with refreshments
6) Many nooks in the inn to have your own space to relax
7) You will hardly see other guests. Not sure where they were but we always found our own space to relax
8) Nice heated pool
What could have been better
1) We found the rooms to be a bit small but then it's not a chain hotel. Our room was minimalistic and this was noticeable as other B&B's we have stayed at were more elaborate in their decor.
2) Bathrooms are a little cramped. Shower was small and it was a bit difficult to take bath.
3) Parking would require a bit of expertise as I found the parking spots somewhat small especially to park my SUV.
4) It's right on PCH and the traffic noise takes away some experience when you're sitting outside. Inside the room we could not hear any traffic noise (Ocean View room)
It was an overall great experience and I will recommend Casa Laguna.