“Best Beach in the LA/Orange County Area” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Beaches
Activities: Shopping, Surfing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Popular surfing and bodysurfing beach.
Greenwood SC
3 attraction reviews
“Best Beach in the LA/Orange County Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

After much reseach, I chose Laguna Beach for a busniness trip to Cali I was able to take my two college age daughters on. We visited Huntington, Venice, and Santa Monica beaches, but I was so happy that we chose Laguna for our home base. This town has a very different feel than the others - it's like a combination beach/mountain town. There are no big high rise hotels. The roads are very hilly, and although there is some typical beach area, there are also lots of rocks and cliffs that provide some gorgeous views. Lots of cool surfing, paddle boarding and other water sports going on. All the shop owners and locals were very friendly and the area feels extremely safe. There is a big art culture here, lots of great shops and restaurants. Very close to Dana Wharf, with lots of boating options. I had business in Long Beach and the morning drive was a pleasant 45 minutes-1 hour up the coast. My daughters were able to walk to everything and I felt like they were in a safe area. Whether you have a day or a week, I would highly recommend Laguna.

Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Menlo Park, California
34 attraction reviews
“Excellent beach and community to walk through”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Excellent beach and community to walk through. Lots of great independent museums, shops, restaurants, and historical hotels

Visited May 2013
Buffalo, New York, United States
“SUP in Laguna Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

It was my first time doing paddle-boarding in the open ocean and my second time ever and it was in Laguna Beach CA. The experience couldn't have been better; the instructor Dakota (from Bliss) had great energy infused with knowledge and Laguna Beach brought the view. While paddle-boarding we saw two grey whales; one that surfaced. The experience was great and if you're looking to paddle-board in Orange County I would ask for Dakota!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
148 attraction reviews
“Wonderful area for relax and enjoy the best of the country!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Laguna Beach reveal to me another face of the USA. It have many beautiful natural places like the beaches and the cliffs, and views like the top of the world park. The people are very gentle, and even that it is clearly a vacation place you don't feel that way all the time. I do recommend anyone to stay for a week or more in this area.

Clearwater, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Beautiful -- wish we had more time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We allotted one day to spend at Laguna Beach during our time in Southern California. We first spent some time on the beach (it was cool, so walking along rather than sitting on the beach). The tide pools were very interesting, including the education from the park rangers that were there at the tide pools. There were interesting sea life along the rocky shore area. We walked up above the beach and enjoyed the beautiful park with a fantastic view of the beach and ocean. Just gorgeous!
The town area is right off the beach so you can easily spend time in both areas. There were plenty of cute shops and art galleries rather than the endless touristy shops you can see along many beaches.
We parked along a street in town, paying the meter for several hours. May be difficult to find parking over a weekend or particular busy season--we had no difficulties however.
Next time, we will plan on staying a few nights in Laguna for the relaxing environment while still having plenty of distractions to enjoy!