“Food varies from good to excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Food varies from good to excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

My family and friends eat at Amarin quite often. Sometimes the food is just good other times it is excellent. ItThe place is fairly small but has a pleasant interior.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lafayette, California, United States
“We love Tom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

we frequent this restaurant and it is the only thai food restaurant we will go to in the surrounding area. the squid and beef salad is terrific, make sure you ask for the special spice rack. the panang lamb curry is a family favorite as well as a few others. we eat here at least once a month, at least.

Visited July 2013
“Worst Thai I've had in years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

So this is a review for a take away I ordered some weeks ago, I will not be going back. The green curry was bland, chicken was dry and overlooked, vegetables in the dish were over cooked. In short it looked as though it had been cooked some days ago and re heated.

Visited January 2013
Dublin, California
“Excellent as Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Tom, the owner, always has greeted us by name and with a firm handshake. Of course, full-disclosure, he knew my father-in-law via former jobs. Still, even when we dine w/o Dad, Tom welcomes us with open-arms, like we are family coming home for dinner. Tonight, I witnessed him do that with nearly all the folks that came in while we were in enjoying our own dinner. Returning customers? You betcha - and his warm welcome is just the start.

The food is excellent. Seafood always very fresh. Husband has often enjoyed a duck special. But save room for dessert! Do NOT leave without savoring the sweet sticky rice with mango and/or the deep-friend banana with coconut ice cream! To. Die. For.

Price for three entrees, drinks (2 wine & 2 lg bottles of beer), and two desserts $118. We always leave with leftovers - so tomorrow a yummy lunch awaits. Well worth the cost - and the 20 mile drive on a Friday night in traffic!

Note: He has added two small outdoor tables on the sidewalk should you wish to people-watch while you dine. The inside of the restaurant is cozy. And, tonight, I saw families with kids in 10-15 age range ... all enjoying the yummy food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette, California
“Best Thai Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love the food and service here. I've actually eaten here on New Year's Eve!
Their Pad Thai is without equal and their paanang beef (kind of like Thai pot roast) is a beef eaters delight. Every meal I've eaten here, every dish, is well above average. Tom, the owner, is very personable and cares about all his clients. I will admit I don't have a lot of experience with Thai food but this is the best of all I've tried. I have friends who live in Oakland and Berkeley and they trek out here to eat at Amarin Thai.

• Visited December 2012