“Great place to eat healthy” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 61 restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We support our neighbors and local farms by offering fresh, organic, healthy ingredients. Our chicken is organic free-range, our beef is natural & organic and our seafood is sustainably caught & delivered fresh. All our desserts are made fresh daily in our Lafayette location and fresh juices are pressed to order. This commitment to quality has put us on San Francisco Chronicle's list of the Top 100 Restaurants in the Bay Area nine years in a row.
Roseville, California
“Great place to eat healthy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Went for breakfast and was not dissappointed. The food was fresh, tasty and organic. Will definitely return.

Visited March 2013
Chow R, Claudio Cravero, General Manager at Chow Restaurant, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thrilled to hear that you plan on coming back! We look forward to seeing you. Think you'll order the same thing again? Thanks so much for the great review, and take care.

Best wishes,

70% Recommend
Auckland
“Wow - amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant after talking to someone on the street. As i was in town for a meeting and not from the area we thought we'd give it a go. We were seated immedately and while our server wasnt the most attentive the service wasnt bad. The food was some of the most flavorful food I've had in a long time. I had a seafood pasta dish and a green salad. Amazing. Well done.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chow R, Claudio Cravero, General Manager at Chow Restaurant, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thanks for the stars! We're glad that you took your friend's recommendation, and had such a terrific experience to boot. Did you try any of our desserts too? Make sure to stop by the next time you're in town! Until then, take care.

Best regards,

Martinez, California
“Overly priced terrible food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've been there several times, although I did not pick it----others picked it---and I only went there to make them happy. Big city prices without the big city quality. Overly priced small portons. I had a pork chop last time that had to have come from some underfed hog----thin and small---Worst of all, the menu said porkchops, I got only one. Where I come from ( Chicago) plural means more than one. Never again !

Visited February 2013
Chow R, Claudio Cravero, General Manager at Chow Restaurant, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way about our food, as we work hard to ensure that all of our dishes are satisfying. Just to clarify, our menu does say "Grilled Organic Porkchop", with an option to add an additional chop for $4.50.

If you'd care to speak with me in person, feel free to leave an e-mail address or phone number where I can contact you. Let's chat! I value your insight, as we're always looking to improve. Thanks for sharing, and take care.

Best regards,

Lafayette, California
“Lafayette's neighborhood hangout! Casual with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Have eaten here many, many times since it opened. Food is generally quite good though dinner entrees can be hit or miss. Breakfasts are consistently good, especially the lemon ricotta pancakes. Yum, yum. Excellent bacon and good coffee. Fish tacos are my hands down favorite! Yummy spices on the fish and great crunchy cabbagy topping.

Sitting on the patio with my dog is my favorite. They are welcoming to dogs and will bring you water dishes, dog treats and once in a while they have brought him a cooked chicken breast! No wonder he loves Chow.

Service is generally very good. It's a real team effort and they all pitch in to help each other. I've seldom have any whisper of a problem.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chow R, Claudio Cravero, General Manager at Chow Restaurant, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thanks for the great review! We always enjoy compliments about our food, and from the lemon ricotta pancakes to the fish tacos, you've made lots of good suggestions. Like you said, few things are better than grabbing a seat on the patio—especially if you have your puppy in tow! We appreciate your support, and hope to see you soon.

Cheers!

Claudio Cravero, General Manager
“Great healthy organic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had a pit stop on my up North in Lafayette. What a great place to stop and get superb food. There was a nice ambiance and the folks there were top notch. I had their freshly squeezed carrot juice and a chicken sandwich. Excellent! You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for stopping in and reviewing us! We work hard to guarantee that every guest has a terrific experience, so it was nice to read your comments. It's reassurance that our hard work is paying off, and I will make a point of sharing your praises with our team. The next time you're around, make sure to visit us!

Take care,