“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Walnut Creek
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

My wife and I attended a wedding here last weekend and it was a fantastic event. The ceremony and reception were in the beautiful courtyard. The service was excellent and the food was the best in this area. Our room was spacious and very clean. We also indulged in a couples massage at the last minute and the staff was very accomodating and the massages were great. This was our first trip but it certainly will not be our last.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
teichers, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 16, 2009
Dear Snuz,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the Spa services (and Aurea, our famous esthetician). We are delighted that you enjoyed our beautiful city, great location and relaxing atmosphere. Please call me directly if I can be of service.

Warm Regards,

Tony Eichers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

I discovered this place when a group of girlfriends gathered for a visit. We were offered a suite that allowed us to sit leisurely and visit. The access to the spa was convenient. The spa is small but packed with quality. I had one of my best facials ever....ask for Aurea. The hotel has a resturaunt and Bistro. The town is charming. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
pleasanton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

I got a spa night at Lafayette Park as a holiday gift and it was one of the most thoughtful gifts my husband has ever given to me! I had 2 treatments (facial and massage) and they were both fabulous. I also got to enjoy a great meal and exercise in the nice workout room. I felt totally spoiled as soon as I walked into the lobby with the complimentary champagne and the staff was all very, very nice. My night away was fabulous thanks to Lafayette Park.

• Liked — The spa is fabulous.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

I have been a loyal customer of the Lafayette Park Hotel and Spa now for 4 years and I have always enjoyed myself completely. This hotel is beautiful, impeccably clean, the staff is wonderful, and the spa/pool are beautiful and relaxing. Each room I've stayed in is large, beautifully decorated, comfortable, and glamorous. The bed is divine, with lots of fluffy pillows and the mattress is perfectly supportive, just the way I like it. The bathrobes they provide you with are soft and so luxurious! This is my private retreat, and I always leave the hotel refreshed and calmer.

Stayed December 2008
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

I LOVED this hotel.
The front desk staff was amazing and completely understanding.
When I arrived, they had a complimentary wine display in the lobby. Needless to say, it was perfect after a 7 hour drive.
The rooms were clean and the entire staff was friendly.
A+!

• Liked — EVERYTHING!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
seattle, wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

We stayed in this hotel when visiting some family in Walnut Creek. Our last day there we requested and PAID for a late checkout. Our flight was that evening and we really wanted our toddler to get a good nap before the trip home so we decided to pay the extra money so we could stay through the afternoon. We posted the do not disturb sign and our toddler was sleeping peacefully. About two hours before we were supposed to checkout housekeeping banged on the door awakening our son. We went to the door and she asked when we were leaving. My husband pointed to the do not disturb sign and then called the front desk because at this point our toddler was awake and crying. He wouldn't go back to sleep and needless to say the flight home was a lot harder than it would have been had he had a good nap.

We contacted the hotel after we got home and asked for a refund for the late stay fee (more than $100) but they never got back to us.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

I stayed at the Lafayette 3 nights on a business trip. The hotel looks like it's up to date to me (some reviews said it needed to be updated, worn cushions at the pool). Check-in was a breeze, and I came right back down to have a glass of wine for the complimentary wine hour from 5:00-6:00. They even opened a new bottle of white for me since they were winding down.

The room was very nice, king size bed which was comfy, sheets were fine. The view wasn't great from my room on the 2nd floor, but I wasn't there to hang out in the hotel room and stare out the window.

I had dinner at the Bistro, and the food was pretty good and very reasonable. The bartender Luis is a trip and I went to the bar all 3 nights. Met some nice local folks there as well - they like the food and Luis is somewhat famous in the area.

It was too chilly to swim by the time I was done work, but the pool area was very nice, cushions new and clean, and you can order food and drinks out there. There is a dry sauna, and I saw someone in the hot tub. The fitness center is just off the pool and has a big flat screen TV in it. 3-4 cardio machines and a bunch of free weights.

My last day I took the redeye home and drove to Napa. I was in Napa county in 30 minutes, so it was an easy day trip.

I would go back in a minute.

• Liked — Very nice ambience, good food, fun bartender, large room, clean, parking only $10
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!