“Best Hotel in Contra Csta” 5 of 5 stars

Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3287 Mt. Diablo Blvd., Lafayette, CA 94549   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lafayette
Newcastle, California
“Best Hotel in Contra Csta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very nice hotel near Saint Marys College, Walnut Creek shopping and just 20 minutes to downtown San Francico (except during rush hour). Large rooms, many with fireplaces. Good restaurant and very nice bar. Traditional, classy decor. Stay here instead of the chain hotels in Walnut Creek.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Delmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Our spa day was cool and rainy so we couldn't take advantage of the outdoor heated pool and hot tub, but we enjoyed our trip anyway. The only negative was the size of the changing/shower facilities-small. There is no space delegated for undressing except in front of a small bank of lockers. While my daughter and I were disrobing for our massage, another person entered, slightly embarrassing for us all. She had nowhere else to go and couldn't get to her locker. That said, there is only one shower but there are toiletries and hair dryers. Our massages were very nice and soothing. Our lunch, which would have been outside had the weather cooperated, was excellent. They had set it up in a small alcove inside that held an exchange library for guests. The hotel looks beautiful and the pool area was inviting. Wish we had better weather.

LOS ANGELES
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this four star hotel for our daughter's wedding. The hotel was beautiful and the room was large and clean, however even though we were on the second floor, our room was next to a small banquet hall. I did not think that the hotel was going to use the banquet hall, but at 7:30 on Sunday morning, the very loud sound of laughter came through the walls of our room. They could have at least notified us that they were using the room. We were leaving the next day, so we didn't ask to move, but we were very unhappy. The food in the Duck Room for breakfast was good ( I had the Irish steel cut oatmeal), but if you are vegan or do not eat eggs, the choices are limited. The Bistro for breakfast was horrible as the restaurant was so small, we could not eat with our party and the menu only had about seven choices. The best part of the hotel was the shuttle service. The hotel would shuttle you anywhere within a 3 mile radius.(
As long as it was available, but we never had any trouble with it.) We did have problems trying to print out our boarding passes, as the computer printer was having some issues. (Another vacationer the next day fixed it.) I had to have them print out the passes at the front desk.
We did have free Wi fi, but all in all, it was not worth the money.
The hotel is next door to the Cemetery. It didn't bother me, but I thought it was a little strange.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor or away from the banquet halls.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NBozych, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments. While we are certainly glad you enjoyed the property, size of the guestroom and shuttle service, we couldn't help but be disappointed that your entire stay was not completely positive. I imagine that the noise disturbances and a less than perfect experience at the Bistro only added to your disappointment. Rest assured we are addressing the important concerns you kindly noted here as we continually strive to heighten service levels throughout the property. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you myself regarding your stay.

Nick Bozych
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My girlfriends and I just had a fabulous girls weekend at the Lafayette Park Hotel. We started the weekend with spa treatments, which I highly recommend. The spa facility is dreamy. There is a a very nice pool and jacuzzi outside and the waiting room is very cozy and tranquil with tea and fresh fruit. I get massages often, and I had one of the best massages I have ever had (with Maryanne). We had drinks and appetizers afterwards, at the Duck Club, which has a fun yet warm atmosphere. The rooms and the service were excellent as well. I will come back as often as I can! I highly recommend this hotel and spa.

Room Tip: Our room over looking the courtyard and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our 10 year and our 20 year anniversary. The room was very comfortable and the service is top notch. We ate in the Bistro and the food was delicious. Best calamari ever!! Would definitely recommend and would stay here again, no question.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NBozych, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear CKelWhit,

Thanks very much for your comments regarding your recent visit! We truly appreciate hearing from you and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We hope you will return to celebrate many more anniversaries at the Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa!

Warm regards,
Friant, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Here I this area on business and was pleasantly surprised by this lovely hotel. Rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Nice robes await in the closet. Only thing missing is a coffee pot, but for $5 you can have a pot delivered to your room in the morning. Parking is valet and costs $15 a night, plus tip. Be sure to eat at the restaurant on site. I selected the bistro and was pleasantly surprised. Warm and comfy atmosphere with a welcoming fire. Come before 6:00 to enjoy happy hour treats. I had a pulled pork slider with coleslaw for $5 and it was delicious. I also order the field greens sale for $8 and it was what you would expect with sliced apples, blue cheese and pecans. The bread and butter they bring is fantastic, nice a warm. Perfect on a cool day in November. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Lafayette Park Hotel is a wonderful getaway from the city....excellent food, one of the best spas I've been to, great service and close to downtown Walnut Creek for amazing shopping! I highly recommend staying here...the people and service are excellent too.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!