“I loved staying here” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in La Quinta
Seattle, Washington
“I loved staying here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

We had a wonderful stay here. Loved every minute of our stay. I still can not believe this place has 41 swimming pools, no joke. We stayed in a Casita Room and found it very nice and comfortable. One of the swimming pools was 6 steps out the front door. Amazing! Restaurants were excellent. Service was excellent. Fitness room was great. I did not play tennis. We stayed on the Winter Escape Package. Not sure why you would not stay using the Winter Escape Package. It is a great deal. For $5.00 more dollars we got two free breakfasts each day. On weekends they have the buffet in the Twenty6 restaurant which is $21. each, which we got for free. Parking can be a problem, but we went to the back lot by the Main swimming pool and Tennis courts and found plenty of parking. We had a great time and will stay again. We would highly recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

1,706 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

Stayed at La Quinta Resort & Club for the 3 days following Christmas 2009. While the entire place was nearly booked solid, you would not know it. The place is a maze of old 1926 build casitas, timeshares, condos and homes. There are about 50 pools, a dozen or more tennis courts, a spa, restaurants, and several adjacent gold courses (PGA West). With the unique design of this place, even when it is full of people, you don't know it...I never had to share my pool or hot tube with anyone any night. Very quiet experience. i would recommend this place more for golfers, couples and families. Not much social action here, but most people know what these desert destinations are about. The place is pet friendly, as I saw many people with dogs in the area.

There is often live music outside the main lobby area in an outdoor lounge each night, and the propane heaters are a nice touch for the cooler winter desert nights. Also, the fire pits (both gas and wood) near the lobby areas are an excellent place to enjoy a cigar and some wine and conversation in the evening. There is wireless wifi in the lobby area.

The entire 45 acre grounds are very beautiful, with many orange trees bursting with fruit for the picking. Pool areas are tidy and clean.

Service was good: we were wisked to out casita via golfcart very quickly and efficently. Food was resonable, but with typical resort prices.

For dining, take a 6 minute drive to the Cliffhouse Restaurant near the intersection of Hwy 111 and Washington. The steaks are amazing, wine is 50% off on Mondays and Wednesdays, too. Make reservations or you will wait.

I stayed in a vintage casita, all with modern updates like a flat screen T.V., coffee maker, and robes. A newspaper is only delivered to your door Monday-Friday; you have to tell them to deliver one to you for the weekend, should you wish one.

Only issue with the room was on the first night: the abundance of crickets who invade your room looking to escape the winter desert cold. I had to hunt down several who were living behind the curtains and one on the bed of all places. The management can't really control this, and I would rather whack them with a newspaper than have them spray toxic chemicals into the area I have to sleep. So be prepared for crickets...but definately don't let this issues stop you from coming as it can happen in any resort.

Nice historic getaway, I can see why Clark Gable and the gang hid out here so much those many years ago...

P.S. Use priceline. I got this place for an $84 bid (about 50% off the usual rate) . Be warned: there is a hefty $27 a day resort fee, although this covers your parking, too.

I loved picking a fresh orange each morning...I will be back again!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

I spent a few nights over Christmas at this resort. Overall, the grounds are well kept and the facilities well maintained. We stayed in a deluxe casita (which is pretty much the most basic room). It is great for kids as the rooms all face a pool and a jacuzzi. The rooms are not that well laid out, but are clean and reasonably comfortable. If people are looking for a high end resort, they may be a little disappointed.

We booked a special winter rate which included breakfast and a small resort credit. The food was pretty good at breakfast and we had christmas dinner at the adobe grill (which was also pretty good). I found that the rate we obtained was good value for the money and if another special like that popped up, would consider staying at the resort again.

I was not able to golf due to family commitments, but took a walk to some of the courses which looked great.

Overall the resort was nice but starting to show its age. If the rate was reasonable, I would certainly recommend this place for anyone, but especially families as they have pretty good facilities to keep kids busy. I may return with friends to stay on a unlimited golf package the next time.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

Beautiful grounds with citrus trees and flowers everywhere. We were there for NY eve and four days before that and we went into the pool and hot tub every day. I was not able to get a spa appointment because I waited too long to book. Expensive, oh yeah. Dinner at Adobe Grill was good mexican food but at Steak house prices - $130 for two apps and two entrees. I swore I was never going to eat again after we saw our first in room dining bill...$160 for two soups, two mac & cheese, one lamb dish...it included $30! in service charge. I was glad that I purchased a package that included breakfast (only additional $25 at booking time) which ended up being an average of $60 / morning. We drove into Palm Springs (not far but still takes 40 minutes in normal traffice) for dinner for two nights, which was nice. We went to a Thai place ( Thai Smile) which was really good and an Indian Restaurant (Monsoon) which was surprisingly good food but not much of an ambiance.

We would go back but probably rent a spa villa which is new construction. Our double room with patio could def. use a facelift. The room was big with a big bathroom but it wasn't very modern. Only King bedrooms have fireplace, fyi.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

After extensive research, my husband and I chose the La Quinta Resort because of its unique design and the excellent golf facilities. We were not disappointed with the design or the grounds, which are truly beautiful. My husband played the PGA West course, which he loved. The surrounding mountain scenery is also spectacular and visible from many areas of the resort. Our room was a "starlight" casita, characterized by a private patio and upper level, probably not worth the extra money in our case because the view was not much better than a garden level room. Other upper level casitas may have had a better view - ask when reserving your room! The room itself was attractive and clean, but nothing special for a resort of this caliber, unless you really love a fireplace. The service was very friendly, but the resort was seriously understaffed. My husband and I are not particularly demanding in this regard, but service as noticeably deficient with the exception of grounds keeping staff. The food was good to excellent, particularly at the Adobe. The bar next the Morgan's was an intimate and comfortable place for before or after dinner drinks. Our favorite parts of the resort were the beautiful grounds and lovely lobby with multiple comfortable seating areas and large fireplaces. It would have been nice had they served drinks in the lobby, but there appeared to be no service in the area. We would return again if we could get a good deal on the room, but otherwise, there's much competition in the area to choose from!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

If you love & play tennis, La Quinta was made for you! This is our 2nd time staying at La Quinta Resort. This time we stayed in the Spa Suite, which is a 1 bedroom apartment, across from the tennis center. They had multiple clinics ( in the mornings, & they offer private lessons. They also had for our kids, clinics which run for an hour & 1/2. Staff are total pros. our boys enjoyed the game room, with free arcade games, the jacuzzi & pools. The grounds are stunning & we enjoyed walking thru them, they even have a basketball court! the famous Living Desert is only bout 15 min. from there & lots more for kids. Thank you to one of the reviewers who suggested the Play It Your Way Package, which was unbelievable, for a fixed sum, depending on the room, you get breakfast or lunch & dinner included for all the guests (w/ teenagers it's totally worth it!) , a spa treatment for each day (book early!! it gets really busy), resort fee included, tennis & golf. We really felt it was a bargain, if one added the value of each item up. Can't wait to go back!!

St. John's, Newfoundland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

Our first experience at La Quinta Resort and Club was back in May. We had a quick 4 day stay after meetings "out west" and enjoyed it so much we planned a return trip for November and a fabulous 9 day stay in La Quinta. This time my Spousal unit and I met up with another couple at the Resort for a week of Golfing, Spa and relaxation... and we were incredibly successful.
The "Play It Your Way" package was the best value I have seen in a very long time. Accommodations, Golf, one daily Spa service, Resort Fee, Breakfast and Dinner, were all included in the package at one low price. We had breakfast every morning at one of the restaurants in the complex or at one of the Golf Course Clubhouses and then eased into a round of golf on one of the many courses available. The weather was perfect in November, 70 to 80 degrees, nice enough for shorts and never too hot to crack a real sweat, like I said Perfect, at least for me. We were lucky enough to get invited to play a couple of the Private PGA West courses by a PGA West Member, an added treat, and they were brilliant.
The ladies enjoyed the spa services at least once each day. Even I had a couple of visits for a custom massage. Very nice.
All my meals were very good and I had several excellent meals. The Eggs Benny at Twenty6 are as good as you can get anywhere, the Guacamole at Adobe Grill is exceptional and made tableside. Ernie’s Grill has super "sports grill" style menu and great homemade burgers, I had a delicious Cedar Plank Salmon dish one evening ... plus an excellent wine cellar with a very large selection. Wednesdays have 50% sale on all bottled wine selections so you can really check out some wonderful vintages affordable.
Our Room was really nice second storey Spa Villa. It was close to the Spa and parking lot... but not too close. The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom was enormous. We had an additional sitting area and a large deck that looked out over a fountain and a lap pool. Our second and third nights were a little sleep deprived... being from east of the east coast and having a 4.5 hour time difference, we would hit the hay early, only to be awakened at midnight by revelers in the suite below us celebrating a wedding rehearsal party and then the following night a "wedding reception after-party". The rest of the week we slept like babies.
We had a great experience and enjoyed the friendly staff and beautiful grounds. Except for one evening of shopping and a trip to Roy's, the only time we left the resort was to go to the Golf Courses. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!