i think the thing that disappointed us the most was the disconnect between the hotel and the guests. We went during Thanksgiving weekend and they have always done such a great job with the kids camps, etc this time of year. When I called a week before our arrival, i asked for the list of kids programs they were having, the concierge told me they hadn't figured it out yet, but don't worry, nothing will be full and you can just sign up when you get here. Upon check in, we did not receive and information regarding any events at the hotel, nor did we receive any notices of scheduled events in our rooms the entire stay. I found it very difficult to find out what was happening at the resort. The events we missed were:
Santa jumping out of a plane and landing for the tree lighting ceremony, and I knew about the ceremony only because a friend who lives in the desert told us. we missed the Santa part.
Dive in movie, our kids could have watched a movie by the pool one evening, parent free...no one told us.
I was told that the kids camp was closed, only to hear someone talking about how great it was as we were leaving. the reason we went was for all the fun things they do for the kids, but unfortunately we were unable to take advantage of this. A hotel employee told me that i should complain here...because they are sick and tired of not being in formed and unable to do their job and help the guests...they were very frustrated. We have stayed a this resort a few times, we LOVE the tennis program and the tennis pros are the best part about this resort. They really seem to love what they do and it shows in the lessons and clinics. Aside from the tennis, we were very disappointed in our stay this time. When we got to our room it looked the same as always, but was missing most kitchen amenities however, paper towels, dish soap, an updated room service menu, laundry soap, etc. We were surprised to see that the menu had shrunk considerably. This a place most people go and stay a while, you would think that they would have many more menu items to choose from. the kids menu was disappointing and the food was average at best. We tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, being is there a recession. Our kids had a great time scootering through the many pathways and became comfortable enough to go to and from the pool with an adult. There were only 2 restaurants open and 29 is the main restaurant for all meals as the mexican restaurant is only open for dinner. The food was terrible. i ended up cooking a lot (which was not the plan!) because the restaurant menu was the same as room service...LIMITED...and why do hotels think kids only eat mac and cheese and chicken fingers etc...YUCK...
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.