I got an offer from Travelzoo, the best internet deals around, for a room for $139 a night and the rack rates run $390. Needless to say, I thought this was a great bargain.
Well, the room didn't even deserve the $139 a night! It was marginal at best! We spent the night last night in a "deluxe" poolside casita and there was a room above ours. I have never spent the night in a room where the people above us were so incredibly loud. It wasn't the fault of the people above us, either! The insulation between the floors was non-existent. I heard EVERY step the people above us took - and that was until 1:00 this morning! Better yet, they woke early and started walking again at 5:00 a.m. Happy Mother's Day, huh? NOT!
I walked to the front desk at 6:00 a.m. to complain and the manager 'on duty' was not 'on duty' until 7:30. He called back at 8:30 and the best he coudl do was offer a late check-out of 4:00 p.m. on a Sunday afternoon. He could have offered more, in my opinion. Do NOT get a room downstairs.
The resort is quite expansive and takes a long time to navigate. The tennis courts were nice, although the rental fee of $25 an hour is a bit pricey. The pools are all salt-water based which was a surprise to me, but a welcome surprise since my skin didn't dry out (there's enough in the desert to dry your skin!). For some reason, someone put is in a room by the only "adult" pool, although we were traveling with our two children.
Drinks are only served at the main pool, but run about $12 each. Now, I live in So.Cal., and I expect to pay top dollar for my alcoholic beverages, but $12 is just too much. The kids' virgin drinks run $9. Give me a break...
Overall, I'd give it a two stars out of five.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.