“Lovvely place, terrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   49499 Eisenhower Dr., La Quinta, CA 92253   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
Half Moon Bay, California
“Lovvely place, terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The customer service at this hotel leaves much to be desired and is far from the standards one expects when staying at a "Waldorf Astoria" resort. The grounds are beautiful and the restaurants are tasty but so many aspects of our stay were so grossly mishandled that I'd have a hard time recommending this hotel to even my worst enemy. It started with the alarm in our room blaring at 7am the first morning of our stay and got worse when we realized after getting our car from valet and driving 20 minutes to breakfast that someone had backed it into a bush. If the scratches weren't obvious enough the giant stick jetting out of the tailgate was a dead giveaway. We immediately called the hotel to alert them to the situation and were put on hold/transferred several times, only to be told that we should not eat and immediately return to the hotel to begin the process of filing a report. After diving 20 minutes back to the hotel and waiting another 20 for the appropriate personnel to appear so that we could complete the paperwork we were repeatedly made to feel like we were making up or to blame for the incident. The ultimate blow came when security showed up to inspect the car, only to find that the main piece of evidence--the giant stick in the tailgate--had been removed by the valet manager. How sneaky! Luckily we had taken numerous pictures of the stick and the scratches/damage to prove that we were indeed telling the truth. We went on with our day after being assured that a manager would follow up shortly. When no one had, we went to the desk and spoke to someone who claimed to be a manager, but was both completely oblivious to and utterly unapologetic regarding our situation. We both have experience in the service industry and are sympathetic to the fact that accidents happen, it's all about how you react to these opportunities that matter. It would have gone a long way to have even one person show us a bit of compassion rather than trying to evade blame and force us to spend the majority of our precious vacation time filling out reports and worrying about whether we had done everything necessary to resolve the issue. We still have not been contacted by anyone from the hotel to receive closure on the matter. Bottom line: stay at your own risk, lower your expectations and park your own car!!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else if you expect service
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Costa Mesa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Perfect one night stay . Loved that restaurants and bars are on the property~never had to get in the car once we checked in. Beautiful, relaxing grounds. Food and drinks were good at restaurants and bars. A lot of wedding parties though, so big groups of people at the pool, coming and going and greeting eachother. Not enough quiet space.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I've never reviewed a hotel BEFORE I check out, but this is ridiculous. First, I was upgraded to a deluxe poolside room. Great, right? Well the first problem was that I had to share the bathroom with a colony of ants. They were crawling all over the bathroom counter. I asked it to be addressed and they sent housekeeping. Later that day, they texted me to see if I would rate my stay so far. I tagged it a 7/10 because no one got back to me about the ants. Finally someone called and reassured me that they were gone. Flash forward a few hours and I'm back in my room. Ants had returned. I called again and watched from the pool as housekeeping entered the room with a spray bottle of cleaning fluid and left 2 minutes later. When I went back to the room the ants were still there. I'm not calling again. I put all of my toiletries in plastic bags and am avoiding the ants. Also, the tiles lining the pool are filthy and the weather stripping on my door is falling off. The last thing is that the landscaping crew woke me up at 700 turning the water on outside of my room and they began scrubbing the pool area. Very loud. If I ever come here again I will ask for a vintage casita and walk to a pool. So much for the upgrade. Very disappointing.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We have a 20 month old, and our stay at La Quinta was just amazing. We booked a poolside King, which was perfect for us because we could put the baby down to sleep and then go lay out by the pool/hot tub, as it was right outside our door. Our baby monitor reached!

The bathrooms are big enough for a pack n play, so we had our daughter sleep there, and we had the whole bedroom to our-self.

The rooms are just STUNNINGLY beautiful and large.

The grounds are beautiful. Hotel is over 45 acres, and small clusters of casitas, many of which are around smaller pools. The property has over 40 pools. The main pool area is also wonderful. They have a toddler pool which our daughter loved and a playground as well.

The only complaints i have is I wish the food here was a little better/healthier. With the exception of Morgans, which is FANTASTIC, the rest of the food is just ok. Good, not great. And I would expect a healthier selection and better ingredients. For example, the "smoothies" don't have real fruit in them. They are a sugary syrup mixed with juice. I would have appreciated being able to order a real fruit smoothie. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad by any means, but we could not have eaten at the hotel for more than 2 days.

Also, the service is slow, when requesting anything for your room, cleaning, etc.

Overall though, I very highly recommend this hotel if you have a young family. The poolside kings are the best situation i've found since i've had a baby.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Garden Grove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We went for five nights to celebrate my birthday. Our room was on the second level with a large balcony complete with a fireplace. We had a king size bed with a seating area, large shower and separate bathtub, and a refrigerator with ice maker.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room if you want a private patio. There truly are no bad rooms there and with...
Yucca Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Really just checking the Resort out for future use. The Old World Charm and Hospitality were overwhelming. Took photos of the lovely grounds and wanted to share. Made reservations for Adobe Grill. Will review.
Rating based on ambiance and Hospitality.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Just spent 4 nights here with my family (two girls 11 & 9). Our family has visited many times. It's an old property, but very clean, updated and sprawling. Love all the pools. Which means you never have to hang out in a big crowded, resort pool. Unless you want to - they have that too. So relaxing and peaceful. Wonderful staff that quickly take care of whatever you need. Excellent gym. Never ate at any of the restaurants, besides the coffee shop for a morning smoothie, bagel and yogurt parfait. Always a pleasure to visit this resort.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
jkriske, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear YoHelton ,
Thank you for being a loyal guest of our resort. We are so pleased to hear that you continue to enjoy your stays with us and will be sure to pass along your kind remarks regarding our wonderful and helpful team members. We look forward to welcoming you and your daughters back again for another relaxing desert getaway!
Best regards,
Jay Kriske
Resort Manager

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!