“Bliss Amidst the Anarchy” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   49499 Eisenhower Dr., La Quinta, CA 92253   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
United States
“Bliss Amidst the Anarchy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The casita was perfect. Newly renovated with a comfy bed, quality sheets and amenities. Our stay was almost spoiled though by the masses of undisciplined kids riding their scooters past the "no skating" signs and running amok everywhere. At the pool, cannonballs were flying right next to us. Parents were saving multiple lounge chairs for kids who would never be in them. Rocks were thrown from the creek into the fountain near the Adobe Grill. The adult pool was packed too, so no luck there.

I am all for fun family vacations but this was out of control. A Coachella for kids. While service by the staff was superb in most areas, there was no attempt to stop the anarchy by security, resort employees or responsible adults. Nowhere to turn for a peaceful desert retreat but to our casita with its private patio. Luckily, like I said, the casita was awesome and quiet but it was a shame not to be able to enjoy the gorgeous grounds.

Definitely, know what your in for when booking a holiday weekend or probably anytime school is out and rates are down. A $250.00 dinner at Morgan's shouldn't be interrupted by a pack of 20 unsupervised kids riding razors by your table or footballs landing in the outdoor dining patio. I guess it is up to management to decide which guests they want to cater to.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I went here for the weekend (Memorial Day) as I was in a wedding that took place at the property. The resort is big and the map is slightly confusing. The area where we were at had quite a few one ways so we had to circle around. Also got there right at 4 pm and there was no parking near our room so we had to make the trek back to our room.

Pros: lots of pools, appears to be kid friendly (although no one on my group was traveling with kids), stocked with ice and fridge in every room, I wasn't feeling well and we called the front desk to see if we could leave early and they were ok with that which was very kind, wedding venue was gorgeous

Cons: we got what a room that wasn't updated and different from everyone else in the wedding party. Ours had an old tub and shower combo. As someone who is 4 months pregnant, the jet tub would have been great. I was very disappointed about that. Also, our friends were in the same geographic area and we were one area over. I wish they had done a better job getting us around the same pool area. The stores onsite are way overpriced. I forgot contact solution and deodorant. I paid over $14 for a small bottle of contact solution and a generic deodorant. I went to check out and was told I needed to get in the Hilton Honors line to check out even though I couldn't get in that line at check in which was confusing to me.

More than likely we will not return.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Anaheim
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

They should tell you there is an old creepy side to the resort and a newer beautiful side. Unfortunately we got the old creepy side. Dark and dreery room. The bathroom was dark and outdated. Super disappointing stay. They charge way too much for their rooms and falsely advertise in the pictures. Will never go back or recommend to anybody.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Hotel was very clean & staff very greeting! Quiet place and plenty of amenities. The restaurant is pricey but the food is awesome! I highly recommend for couples. You have great restaurants very close to the hotel & casino! The pools were always clean!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

San Luis Obispo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Beautiful all around. The grounds were meticulously kept, yet I never saw anyone working on the amazing landscaping. Went for a wedding and now making this an annual vacation. So much value, breathtaking views.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It is hard to know where to start with this sprawling property about as far from Palm Springs as you can get while still being in the area. The resort is divided into several different sections and is simply beautiful everywhere you go. While they do have valet parking at the main reception area and will take you to your casita via golf cart, you can self park for free near your casita.

While the exact age of each section/building varies, everything is pretty old but well maintained. But because this is an outdoor resort where every room opens outside and is Spanish style, it doesn't feel quite as grand and luxurious as most Waldorf Astoria properties - it is still very nice but luxurious in a different, more relaxed, and charming way.

Each group of casitas is clustered around a pool - each is a little different - size of pool, whether or not chairs are padded, hot tub too, etc. There is also an adults only pool and a main pool with bar, towel service, etc. But it isn't that large and is noisy with lots of kids and families. The casita pools vary in how busy they are, but it isn't hard to find one that suits your mood.

Before you decide on a casita, take a look at the map and determine what you will want to do during your stay. But remember that while the property looks enormous on the map, it is all very walkable if you find yourself needing to frequent somewhere not near your casita.

If you can secure a starlight casita, you won't be sorry - large, private patio with fireplace in addition to your nice room that also has a fireplace. Just remember that some of the patios are more private than others - you may have neighbors who share your stairwell and can see onto your patio as they walk up. The patio was very large and had a nice big comfy couch and dining table.

The bathroom had a tub and shower.

If you are looking for a relaxing place to get away, then La Quinta is a great choice.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

On over 40 acres, this lovely resort is a pleasure. Lush beautiful grounds host casitas, approximately 40 pools, personal homes, the Spa and Fitness Center and gorgeous golf course. Dog friendly property.

Stayed for just two nights for a girls college reunion. Each had separate lovely rooms in casitas all lovingly named with historic Spanish names. I was in San Simeon.

Check-in was a breeze. Bellman told me how to drive to near my room, met me there with his golf cart and guided me in! He unloaded my car into the golf cart and took me and my belongings into my room.

Yes the hotel is older. One of my friends was in an original casita probably dating to the 1930s. Roomy and nice. My casita was newer, maybe from the 1970s. High ceiling, spacious, fireplace, patio. Bath is small and does have mexican tiles - but that is part of the charm of the resort! No tub, just a shower. Tons of towels, Keurig coffee makers - love it. Only complaint is that we brought tons of wine, but all of us forgot a wine opener. There are not wine openers in the rooms. (That was my only recommendation for management. There were beer bottle openers, but not wine!)

I had been to Palm Springs/Palm Desert numerous times but never to this historic resort. One last note - several restaurants on site. First, you really don't need to leave the property. But, the restaurant options give you fine dining, casual patio bistro, Mexican and coffee shop. By the way I live in San Diego and I will be recommending
La Quinta!

Room Tip: If you go with others, try to get rooms fairly close. We were kind of spread out, but the exercise...