My recent visit was my first visit to the Palm Springs area and overall La Quinta Resort had gone above an beyond with my expectations. We arrived to the property very early (at 10 am) and much to our surprise our room was ready. After a quick check in we were promptly driven in one of the resort gold carts directly to our room so the we could get changed and head out to the pool. The room was a nice size and nicely appointed. The room had a nice little deck (with some morning shade) and a small bathroom with no bathtub just a shower. Make sure to get a resort map when you are at the front desk because this is one BIG resort with many rooms/condos spread out over a large area. There are so many gardens and pool area you can choose a quiet little pool with lots of shade or head to the larger pool with a nice bar. They even had a very nice waterfall in a really nice shaded area. The resort has about 40 pools to choose from, they had everything from an over 21 "adult" pool to little out of the way pools so there is something for everyone. I spent most of the fist afternoon walking around taking photos and checking out the entire area and enjoying all of the gardens and "quiet" places that were available if desired. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Because I love to chat with people and find out about them I found that most of the staff that I talked to have been employed by La Quinta Resort for many many years. This tells me a lot about the resort and it's staff. I was luck enough to enjoyed a fantastic facial from Simone a long time employee and very nice person. The staff was very attentive and were always there to answer any questions that we had about the resort and surrounding area. I'll be back and this is a resort that everyone should consider when looking at the Palm Springs area. Thanks La Quinta staff for making this a memorable and positive vacation experience!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort California Desert