“Spanish elegance” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California
“Spanish elegance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is such a beautiful resort.This place would be perfect for a wedding...Hmm
However, The WIFI really sucks and I woke up to a big cockroach beside me on the bed.

If you decide to go to the SPA be sure to bring you own eucalyptus or peppermint oil with you unless you want to buy over-priced oil. They have super cute yoga/workout clothes for sale in their shop.

I really hope they redecorate the Mexican restaurant there, it is way too fake. I personally think they could make it into a fancy Mexican restaurant with free-range/organic options. The margaritas were yummy =)

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Beacon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is a beautiful resort nestled in the beauty of the palm spring mountains! The pools were beautiful and well maintained and the foilage was beautifully abundant. All the staff was very pleasant, courteous and helpful. Everything I expected it to be and more. Can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Anne-Edith C, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear NYSusanne ,
Thank you for being our guest and sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community of travelers. I am so pleased to hear your stay at La Quinta Resort and Club exceeded your expectations! It's always wonderful to hear that our team members made you feel welcome and special, which is the hallmark of True Waldorf Service. We'll be looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Desert Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I've been here twice, now, and I must say that I will continue to return; so long as I live in/around the Coachella Valley. This resort is a must stay for everyone. (And I do mean, EVERYONE!) Whether you're single, married, have kids or not, this place has something to marvel at for all. The grounds are immaculate. The suites are pristine and has such an authentic appeal, you forget you're in America... if only for a moment. Staff members will come pic you up in a golf-cart and carry you to anywhere on the grounds. The ballroom is amazing and the pools are truly in abundance!

Don't take my word for it. Go see for yourself! Enjoy...

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Anne-Edith C, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Onewaywire97 ,
Thank you so much for your loyalty to our brand and La Quinta Resort and Club. I'm so pleased that you find the quality of our property and service to be top notch. Your feedback is valuable, and I appreciate you sharing it with the TripAdvisor community. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I'll start with the biggest flaw of the resort, the WiFi didn't work. We tried on multiple devices on multiple occasions and we could never get the WiFi to work despite repeated reboots.

Aside from an issue with WiFi service, the Waldorf is a great resort. It has incredible views of the Coachella valley and surrounding mountains. The property is enormous and features nearly every amenity you could think of.

The rooms are very nice and look as if they've been updated very recently. The layout is great and everything is very comfortable. We were lucky enough to get a room with a private courtyard and that was very nice, allowing us to sit and relax in the sun.

There are multiple pools throughout the resort, so that each series of villas shares a common pool. We were at the resort at a time when it was very crowded, yet the pools still offered a quiet and relaxing environment. They were busy, but not necessarily crowded.

There are countless dining and recreational options at the resort. It has a great gym, an endless number of tennis courts, dozens of pools, and access to golf courses. You can also rent bikes on site for additional recreation related activities.

Room Tip: Make sure to spring for the private courtyard villas. They are great and very relaxing. They offer a...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Greg S ,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on La Quinta Resort and Club with the TripAdvisor community of travelers. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your updated casita and private patio! And it's always wonderful to hear that our guests have experienced so many of the wonderful amenities on property. We hope you will visit us again for another desert getaway.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We booked a package for Coachella and had a great time. The location and shuttles are perfect for going to the concerts. The hotel is old but our room had been updated and we loved the feel of the resort. Lots of small, independent units and pools. There is a great charm to it. We only ate breakfast there but it was great. We used the coffee shop/snack shop too. The staff was always kind and helpful. The 21and over pool was a little too chaotic - not enough chairs or staff helping there but it is a crazy weekend. We went to the smaller pool by our room the second day and it was relaxing. We played tennis and the facility seemed very nice. We would love to come back.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Anne-Edith C, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Annie-RGS,
Thank you for selecting La Quinta Resort and Club for your Coachella getaway weekend! I am so pleased you enjoyed the convenience of our location and shuttles to the concert. It seems like you also revelled in many of our other amenities at the resort! I appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

What an awesome resort! My fiance' won the trip through his job so there were many industry-related folks there part of the same trip. From the moment we stepped off the shuttle we were greated immediately by giant smiles and a friendly, warm welcome. We were told precisely which direction to go to register, told to come back to that spot & somone would take us to our room with our bags which is exactly what happened. The service could not have possibly been any better. Tug, who was at the lobby door every day, was really wonderful. Full of information, answered all our questions, took care of any need we had immediately and he was very funny! Peggy at the concierge was a true gem! Very helpful, an absolute pleasure to deal with and also answered all of our questions with a smile. She recommended a really terrific winery, whose wine club we ended up joining since their selections were all so good. The room was very clean and had everything we needed. Unfortunately it was pouring rain during our stop-over in Dallas and our bag was soaked leaving almost all of our clothes wet. I called the desk after we got to our room and they brought me a TON of hangers. I had to call twice, but they did end up coming through! Our room was made up every day by 2:00, the bed was VERY comfortable. We got up every morning and had coffee on our porch and watched the hummingbirds. I called the desk for extra coffee creamers and they were delivered within minutes. The only sketchy service we had was one night, at dinner, at Twenty6, our waitress was a little less than responsive and took a while to get to us at times, but that was the only issue. All other service at the restaurants and throughout the resort was fantastic and the food was delicious at all restaurants. The BEST was the spa. I had an 11am massage scheduled while my fiance' played golf. I arrived an hour early to meet Glynes (sp?) in the women's locker room. She gave me a robe, slippers and showed me around. It is a beautiful spa! I lounged outside until Juana came and got me for my massage which was AMAZING. Afterwards, I enjoyed the steam room, took a nice shower which has everything you could possibly need available. Glynes even brought mouse for my hair and ordered lunch for me! I spent another 2 hours outside relaxing, eating my lunch and reading. It was a truly relaxing afternoon. I really can't say enough about this resort. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 408, directly across from 21 & older Plunge pool and it was the perfect location...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Anne-Edith C, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Michele C ,
Thank you for being our guest and sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor Community. It is wonderful to hear you encountered friendly and attentive staff members during your visit. I'm so pleased you enjoyed a luxurious spa experience as well. With the Santa Rosa Mountains as a backdrop, the spa courtyard is a wonderful place to have lunch and relax after your treatment. I hope you will come back and visit us again for another relaxing, desert getaway!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This was a business trip for my boyfriend but vacation for me. The service was spectacular the entire 5 days we visited. Our room was lovely and clean; I liked that although the rooms were clearly updated they still had the old charm. I loved having the gas fireplace for the chilly evenings. The resort is over 40acres so it was a bit confusing getting around at times but such a wonderful place to explore. There were plenty of places to relax under a shady tree or by one of the many pools. The pool and hot tub directly outside our room needed a good cleaning, we didn't end up getting in it at all but there were 40 other pools to enjoy. The adults only pool's bar is only open Friday- Monday which was a bit disappointing since the main pool was crawling with children but this was definitely a more family friendly resort than we normally would've chosen. Adobe, the Mexican restaurant on site, was delicious, you have to order the guacamole. And Morgan's had the best steak I've had in a long time. The Spa is a must! I originally hadn't planned to drop the money on the spa but everyone kept raving about it so I caved and I was not disappointed. I had the best massage of my life with Garry and then spent several hours laying in the hammock and listening to the waterfalls while I read. The eucalyptus steam room was also a treat. This was a much lower key trip than we often take on our own but it was much needed, there's not really any night life during the week at least but the days are so relaxing that we didn't mind!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Clydro ,
I am so pleased you found a serene, relaxing vacation at La Quinta Resort and Club, and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. With the Santa Rosa mountains as a backdrop, our spa patio is a wonderful place to relax after your treatment - so glad you took the time to enjoy! We look forward to welcoming you back soon whether for business or just a relaxing desert getaway.
Director of Resort Operations

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!