As someone who travels a lot and stays in Hilton properties around the world, we had high expectations of this resort. The setting is certainly magical. Alas, the "resort" is not, at least not for a discriminating traveler. The so-called "Casitas" are roomy but very dark, with only the barest of furnishings. Beds are lumpy and urgently in need of renovation. There are certainly much more attractive places in this sprawling resort, at least if you are ready to shell out upwards of $500 a night, but the lower category rooms are barely three stars. The food in the Twenty6 bistro was excellent, but the restaurant above it, the Mexican Adobe, was awful. The main pool area was loud and chaotic, but fortunately, each cluster of casitas has it own pool area. The wifi was erratic, and sometimes no faster than dial-up (forget about watching Netflix at this property). In sum, this is probably a great getaway for families and/or for golfers (which we aren't). But if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing getaway from Los Angeles, with a touch of luxury and sophistication that you would legitimately expect from a Waldorf Astoria brand property, keep looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs