THE GOOD: The property is beautiful and kid friendly and we really enjoyed ourselves during our stay in spite of some service issues. Had a wonderful dinner at Morgans and the concierge Alyssa was a big help getting us a reservation. There was also a lovely man from housekeeping who brought us a highchair and crib.
THE BAD: When I called to make the reservations I booked a Spa Villa (3 rooms) and asked the reservationist what sort of kitchenette or fridge amenities were available. She said she didn't know but that each room had a fridge. (We arrived and found a full kitchen). Seems like the person selling $1500/nt villas should be familiar with what they have. Based on that alone I knew to set the bar low. But the experience that followed exceeded my low expectations.
I reserved a crib when I booked and I called from the airport to give the front desk a heads up we had a baby we wanted to put to bed, and asked to confirm the crib was in the room. When we arrived the crib was not in the room. I called from the room to ask for a crib. No crib. An hour after checking in I had to stroll the baby to the front desk and ask again for the crib.
The next day we moved into the spa villa we booked as we had other friends joining us. The front desk called me when the villa was ready and offered to bring keys to the pool to meet me which I thought was so nice. Until they never showed up and I had to go back to the front desk anyway.
While at the pool I asked the girl working the kiosk where the nearest bathroom was. She said she didn't know and had to find someone else. How do you not know where the bathroom is?
I tried to track down a server to order food and couldn't find one. I tried to order from the bar at the pool and was told to find a server.
Leaving the pool my daughter was wrapped in a ratty blue towel (with someone's age old chewing gum stuck to it) and was asked to deposit the towel in the basket before leaving which I found annoying.
Both days in the villa, housekeeping only came and cleaned the downstairs room and we had to call to get them to come back which was disruptive and annoying and not worth it.
Wifi on property is spotty at best.
The AC unit in our room our first night was difficult to operate and vents shot alternatingly freezing or hot air directly onto the bed from above, waking us up.
THE UGLY: After check out I called and requested room folios be emailed to me. I got an incomplete folio with incorrect room rate and had to call again. Then I got an email with additional folios with incorrect room rates and had to call again. And again. And again. And again. For a week I called daily. Each call I left a polite and concise email and no call was returned. The hotel charged me rates that were not the rates I booked and received confirmation of via email. I have since turned the matter over to Amex dispute resolution and they're holding the payment while its resolved. It has been stressful and miserable and I am shocked the hotel has not returned a single call.
We spent a fortune at the resort, never leaving the property, even extending our stay a night, and talked about how we couldn't wait to make it annual trip. Needless to say I feel very differently now. I just want the charges corrected so I can stop wasting time on this.
And great lesson learned. I hope for La Quinta as well. Re confirm your room rate upon check in. I didn't notice this until after this happened to me but everywhere else I stay, the person checking me in always reconfirms the rate and I often initial something before they hand over the keys. La Quinta never did that. They just gave me keys and sent me on my way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs