“Worst experience ever with service & billing” 1 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   49499 Eisenhower Dr., La Quinta, CA 92253   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
san francisco
“Worst experience ever with service & billing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

THE GOOD: The property is beautiful and kid friendly and we really enjoyed ourselves during our stay in spite of some service issues. Had a wonderful dinner at Morgans and the concierge Alyssa was a big help getting us a reservation. There was also a lovely man from housekeeping who brought us a highchair and crib.

THE BAD: When I called to make the reservations I booked a Spa Villa (3 rooms) and asked the reservationist what sort of kitchenette or fridge amenities were available. She said she didn't know but that each room had a fridge. (We arrived and found a full kitchen). Seems like the person selling $1500/nt villas should be familiar with what they have. Based on that alone I knew to set the bar low. But the experience that followed exceeded my low expectations.

I reserved a crib when I booked and I called from the airport to give the front desk a heads up we had a baby we wanted to put to bed, and asked to confirm the crib was in the room. When we arrived the crib was not in the room. I called from the room to ask for a crib. No crib. An hour after checking in I had to stroll the baby to the front desk and ask again for the crib.

The next day we moved into the spa villa we booked as we had other friends joining us. The front desk called me when the villa was ready and offered to bring keys to the pool to meet me which I thought was so nice. Until they never showed up and I had to go back to the front desk anyway.

While at the pool I asked the girl working the kiosk where the nearest bathroom was. She said she didn't know and had to find someone else. How do you not know where the bathroom is?

I tried to track down a server to order food and couldn't find one. I tried to order from the bar at the pool and was told to find a server.

Leaving the pool my daughter was wrapped in a ratty blue towel (with someone's age old chewing gum stuck to it) and was asked to deposit the towel in the basket before leaving which I found annoying.

Both days in the villa, housekeeping only came and cleaned the downstairs room and we had to call to get them to come back which was disruptive and annoying and not worth it.

Wifi on property is spotty at best.

The AC unit in our room our first night was difficult to operate and vents shot alternatingly freezing or hot air directly onto the bed from above, waking us up.

THE UGLY: After check out I called and requested room folios be emailed to me. I got an incomplete folio with incorrect room rate and had to call again. Then I got an email with additional folios with incorrect room rates and had to call again. And again. And again. And again. For a week I called daily. Each call I left a polite and concise email and no call was returned. The hotel charged me rates that were not the rates I booked and received confirmation of via email. I have since turned the matter over to Amex dispute resolution and they're holding the payment while its resolved. It has been stressful and miserable and I am shocked the hotel has not returned a single call.

We spent a fortune at the resort, never leaving the property, even extending our stay a night, and talked about how we couldn't wait to make it annual trip. Needless to say I feel very differently now. I just want the charges corrected so I can stop wasting time on this.

And great lesson learned. I hope for La Quinta as well. Re confirm your room rate upon check in. I didn't notice this until after this happened to me but everywhere else I stay, the person checking me in always reconfirms the rate and I often initial something before they hand over the keys. La Quinta never did that. They just gave me keys and sent me on my way.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This place has gorgeous grounds and every amenity you could want for a great getaway in Palm Springs. Set in a beautifully landscaped and extensive resort compound, you never have to leave if you don't want to. There is shopping, activities, a beautiful spa and plenty of places to settle quietly with a book or stroll the grounds. The standard rooms are nothing special but they have everything you need as well and the property is so spectacular that you're not really there for the room. We went for a girl's getaway and took a room with a pool (they have small groupings of rooms with their own pools) and it was great to step right out to the pool lounge area. The surrounding mountains of Indian Wells are truly spectacular and this place feels like old California - you can imagine some history here - and it was an old Hollywood hangout back in the day. The staff was very five star and the Adobe Grill restaurant food was very good.

Room Tip: Get a pool view room
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Woodland Hills, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Grounds are beautiful and staff are friendly and professional. However, the rooms (at least the one that we stayed in) are old and dated and our room had steep stairs inside the room. Each time we retired we had to climb these stairs to get to our bedroom.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This place is huge with all of the things you would expect from a large resort. Our room was nice, decorated in a Spanish style, yet seemed modern. Plenty of eating options on site. We got a good deal since it was the middle of the summer in the dessert, which means it was HOT! Parking was a major, as they don't have enough parking available. The resort wants you to valet and they will shuttle you to your room (the resort is very spread out), however when it is 90 to 100 degrees your wife and two small kids do not want to ride in the equivalent of a golf cart. Overall, I might stay again if the price was low enough. Nice golfing there, but didn't get a chance to play.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Anne-Edith C, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear frugalguy,
I’m so glad you enjoyed your time at La Quinta Resort and Club, and very much appreciate your recommendation to the TripAdvisor community. One of our goals with the recently completed renovation was to pay homage to the historical roots of the resort while providing a contemporary experience that matches our desert surroundings. Thank you for letting us know that we hit the mark. We'll be looking forward to your next visit.
Beverly Hills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The grounds of this resort are gorgeous. Beautiful flowers everywhere. The rooms leave room for improvement.

Our first room on a ground floor had no isolation, despite being newly redone. We had to move as the noise from upstairs was truly horrendous. We asked them to move us whilst we were out all day, but came back and they hadn't. Not 5 star service. We moved ourselves when we came back.

Our second room, in nicer situation overlooking a pool and single story was exactly the same, but no noise and a lovely pool. If you can, have a room with a pool. There are lots of them.

The rooms are big, but not at all well thought out even though apparently newly decorated (on the cheap). We ordered room service and there is no table where you can eat. Only one desk chair and one arm chair, and no table to eat at. A stupidly huge lamp on the table between the beds. An stupidly places mirror behind the said lamp between the beds. Horrible cheapo photographs as art. Very institutional. The restaurants are full... we tried one and it was OK. There is little signage so if you come in at night, it takes a while to find out where you are. The pool area outside our room was gorgeous, so I think for relaxing, it's very nice. But all in all, I expected something more truly stylish.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Simi Valley, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is absolutely beautiful with every amenity you could desire. The staff provide the best in service. I recommend this property for business or pleasure. I attended a conference and the banquet facilities, including tech, were outstanding.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear Caroline G,
I'm pleased you received wonderful, prompt service during your stay at La Quinta Resort, and that you were able to relax and enjoy your event. We appreciate the opportunity to take care of your needs, so that you could better enjoy the desert beauty that surrounds the resort. Thank you for taking a moment to share this experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We look forward to your next visit.
Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Second visit to this Spanish influenced desert oasis. The Spa was the best anywhere with an abundance of quiet spaces of refreshment. Staff throughout the resort are eager to please at every turn. Chefs prepare great cuisine - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Their restaurant, "Morgan's in the Desert" is fine dining!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Anne-Edith C, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Elm200,
Thank you for your continued patronage of La Quinta Resort and Club. I'm happy to hear that you consistently receive exceptional service at the resort, and I very much appreciate your sharing this with TripAdvisor readers. Rest assured that we work hard to maintain our high levels of service, which we hope to provide to you for many visits yet to come.
Director of Resort Operations

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!