First, let me say we have been frequent guests of the hotel for over 30 years. In fact, we were married at the hotel several years ago. On our most recent trip we encountered several problems and will not stay at the property in the future. We booked a “Vintage” Resort Casita which has been our preferred accommodation. However, this time the room was not up to standard. This was the smallest room we have ever been in not at all like the others we have stayed in for many years. The room did not come anywhere near the published square foot size. The room was so small two people could hardly maneuver around without bumping into one another. The bathroom was so dark you could not see to shave and the room heater was so loud it was impossible to sleep.In addition, the room price was nearly double last years cost at the same time of year.
We did have a lovely view out the small window and we tried to take advantage with a room service breakfast. However, even that was ruined when the hotel grounds staff started working on the flower bed outside our window at 9:00 am. Check-out was a nightmare. No express check-out is offered and when I arrive at the check-out desk at 10:30 am there were 11 people in-line ahead of me and 2 clerks. Took over 30 minutes to check-out. In addition, the bill was incorrect and credits had not been applied…which further slowed the process.
When the front desk clerk asked if we enjoyed our stay I informed him we did not like our room. He asked if we just didn’t like the “Vintage” casitas and when I told him that was our preferred room his only response was “well I guess you just didn’t like that room”. No apology…no concern.
I completed the Hilton request for on-line survey feedback and I wrote a personal letter to the hotel manager. After 4 weeks no reply. I think you probably get the same feeling I have they just don't care. The hotel has significantly raised prices in the last year while delivering less service, poor management and limited value.
The La Quinta Resort was once one of the best properties in the Palm Springs area or anywhere. Unfortunately, the lack management attention and the poor value delivered will cause us to find other accommodations in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs