We have gone to La Quinta every year in February since 2011 with a group of families. It started as a coincidence with 4 families and the word has spread it has gotten up to more than 10 families. La Quinta is ideal for this kind of gathering. The hotel is great about putting families around the same pool. It's like an old-fashioned village, with kids easily visiting friends, and everyone coming and going at the pool as the day progresses. The kids swim, take the great tennis clinic, take golf lessons, and swim lots more, at our "neighborhood" pool and at the main, larger pool, where one of the families rents a cabana and everyone gathers when they are hungry for lunch. There are spa visits, yoga classes, and great group dinners (at the La Quinta restaurants and in town) and tennis and golf for adults as well. The setting is beautiful and the rooms (our group stays in the Spa Villas) are well-maintained and so convenient, with kitchens and lots of space. Babysitters can be easily arranged. It is such a wonderful set up for both socializing as much as you like and also easily retreating for a bit of downtime.
We are always there in February --one year it even rained and we still had a great time! Most of the time it's lovely that time of year, warm enough to swim, but not too hot.
We have had magical times with friends there-- it's a huge resort, but feels like a bunch of lovely small towns. Love the bougainvillea! Looking forward to another visit in a few weeks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs