“Beautiful resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
victorville ca
“Beautiful resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was here for a conference in early December. The resort grounds are absolutely beautiful, especially during the Christmas season. I love the old style that has been maintained to keep true to the old "Hollywood relaxation spot" yet, completely modern and the expected amenities. The conference rooms were spacious and comfortable. The catered food was better than I would have expected.

The rooms are pretty fantastic. Large comfortable beds, huge bathtubs, walk-in showers, plush towels and robes (fireplace in some rooms) and Kuerigs make you feel like you have been whisked away to an exclusive resort.

I cannot wait to return to this resort, next time for a little R&R!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

If this is where Hollywood Stars come to relax, I'm pretty sure we got the servants' room. We check in on Friday evening and was assigned room #422, the bathroom was filthy and there was a dirty rag left below the sink. So we were assigned room #433. Same thing! I realized by now when (I made the reservation) I was told all the rooms are recently remodeled what they really meant was all of the "bedrooms" are new but failed to mention all of the bathrooms are still old and dated. I read a review mention about the dim bathroom lights and seriously the light is so dim it's like a candle light! Romantic except I was trying to bathe my kids.

After driving for over 8+ hours to get here, we were tired and hungry. We wanted to settle in our room and order some room service. I called for room service at around 6:30pm, got some auto answering service asking me to wait, so I waited for over 20 minutes. Eventually I hung up and tried again, waited for another 20 minutes. Really?! my kids ended up eating crackers for 2 hrs before we finally got room service.

So what's wrong with my room? First of all, the heater doesn't work, and Internet is such a joke, I can log on but I can't check my emails, surf the web or use it at all. Oh and the room key! The following day, after my two toddler and I return from breakfast, I found out my room key doesn't work. I walked all the way back to the lobby with my kids to get a new room key and it still doesn't work!

My stay here is not over but so far I feel like I'm staying at the OTHER La Quinta!

• Stayed December 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

stayed with family members and booked several rooms. loved staying at the casitas facing the pool without having to pass hallways of rooms. great escape, quiet with unobtrusive staff, which added to the sense of retreat for busy professionals. recommending to others in the LA area for best value weekend get-away.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If you haven't been to the La Quinta resort it's a must. We've been there numerous times however with the newly renovated rooms..the stay is more enjoyable. The online concierge service, the food at Morgans and Adobe is one of the best in the desert. The updated fitness center and golf nearby cannot be beat.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We've been coming here for years....it's always been a great hotel. Spacious rooms, convenient parking, wonderful staff, food etc. Recently they put some new lighting fixtures in the bathrooms that would be great for doing brain surgery, but make you look about 100 years old......a little mood lighting, please!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
Dallas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

You may not want to stay on the second floor - no bellman anywhere to be found! In fact, the map is so poor - you may not find your room at all! Sprawling layout made it difficult to follow their route. And illogically the "900" building did not follow the "800" building. If you don't mind parking a football field away from your room & wandering around (we asked staff who were helping around the grounds - no one knew where our room was either). And when we finally arrived (someone said - it's near the pool - only there are at least 10 of those on the property), we had the pleasure of dragging our own luggage up a flight of stairs.

El Segundo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I just returned from La Quinta and the property is gorgeous. I have never been anywhere with quite so many pools to choose from. I guess we were there during a low period, but the pool situation was pretty much as good as it gets. Do you want your own private pool? Then pick one. Is someone at your pool of choice? Walk 100 feet to another. While I doubt pick-a-private-pool scenario operates during high season, it did make for an amazing aspect of the stay. The resort itself is vast, and even exploring the nooks and crannies of the resort itself was fun. We also rented some bikes and drove around the peaceful adjoining neighborhoods. The breakfast buffet, at about $27 per person was excellent. I would say that the only 2 negatives are the rooms (nothing "5 star special") and the Internet connectivity (choppy at best; non existing at worst). We were in a casita with its own porch - certainly a step up from the casitas which just have a lone chair or two out front, but nothing overly compelling about the room. As for dogs, there are many. Two hounds checked in with their family next to us on our final day and they were, well, dogs. If that bothers you, then worth inquiring about. Overall, I would rate this as a 4.5 star resort, only short of 5 stars bc of the web and the lack of anything special inside the room to warrant 5 stars. That said, the resort itself is lovely and the staff service was superb. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
jkriske, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear WhiskyDoc,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time at La Quinta Resort. Your review of our luxurious pools and grounds is very descriptive, and I appreciate you taking time to share this with the TripAdvisor community! Our staff strives to provide True Waldorf Astoria Service to each and every guest, and I will pass your positive reviews on to them. Thank you for being our guest and I look forward to your return.
Best regards,
Jay Kriske
Resort Manager

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!