“Great Hotel, but change those bath lights” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort to your Saves list
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   49499 Eisenhower Dr., La Quinta, CA 92253   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
“Great Hotel, but change those bath lights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We've been coming here for years....it's always been a great hotel. Spacious rooms, convenient parking, wonderful staff, food etc. Recently they put some new lighting fixtures in the bathrooms that would be great for doing brain surgery, but make you look about 100 years old......a little mood lighting, please!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

You may not want to stay on the second floor - no bellman anywhere to be found! In fact, the map is so poor - you may not find your room at all! Sprawling layout made it difficult to follow their route. And illogically the "900" building did not follow the "800" building. If you don't mind parking a football field away from your room & wandering around (we asked staff who were helping around the grounds - no one knew where our room was either). And when we finally arrived (someone said - it's near the pool - only there are at least 10 of those on the property), we had the pleasure of dragging our own luggage up a flight of stairs.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

El Segundo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I just returned from La Quinta and the property is gorgeous. I have never been anywhere with quite so many pools to choose from. I guess we were there during a low period, but the pool situation was pretty much as good as it gets. Do you want your own private pool? Then pick one. Is someone at your pool of choice? Walk 100 feet to another. While I doubt pick-a-private-pool scenario operates during high season, it did make for an amazing aspect of the stay. The resort itself is vast, and even exploring the nooks and crannies of the resort itself was fun. We also rented some bikes and drove around the peaceful adjoining neighborhoods. The breakfast buffet, at about $27 per person was excellent. I would say that the only 2 negatives are the rooms (nothing "5 star special") and the Internet connectivity (choppy at best; non existing at worst). We were in a casita with its own porch - certainly a step up from the casitas which just have a lone chair or two out front, but nothing overly compelling about the room. As for dogs, there are many. Two hounds checked in with their family next to us on our final day and they were, well, dogs. If that bothers you, then worth inquiring about. Overall, I would rate this as a 4.5 star resort, only short of 5 stars bc of the web and the lack of anything special inside the room to warrant 5 stars. That said, the resort itself is lovely and the staff service was superb. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
jkriske, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear WhiskyDoc,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time at La Quinta Resort. Your review of our luxurious pools and grounds is very descriptive, and I appreciate you taking time to share this with the TripAdvisor community! Our staff strives to provide True Waldorf Astoria Service to each and every guest, and I will pass your positive reviews on to them. Thank you for being our guest and I look forward to your return.
Del Mar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel at the last minute while I was in town for Stagecoach since my friends had reserved a room as well. I am very happy we made the decision to stay at La Quinta as the experience was so fun. It's a crazy place to be during Stagecoach. The casitas were so comfortable and spacious. Everything was very clean. We had a kitchen in our casita and were able to make dinners for friends and enjoy our time there. The pools were having crazy parties for Stagecoach so that is where we spent most of our time. There was also shuttle service from the hotel to Stagecoach. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The service is great and it was a very pleasant stay all around.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear ErinP27,
I am thrilled to read the review from your stay at La Quinta Resort during Stagecoach. Our sprawling property and upgraded guest casitas lend themselves to the perfect spot for friends and family to gather! We look forward to welcoming you back to La Quinta Resort for Stagecoach 2015!
Palm Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The overall experience was positive, from the hotel staff to the comfort of the room. The only thing that I would have preferred is the ability to connect my computer to the TV in the room with a smart system, so that I could work more comfortably.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear Zachary R,
Thank you for the complimentary review of La Quinta Resort. We are always striving to improve our service and amenities, so I thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your return for another desert getaway!
Drumheller, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

As soon as I checked into this hotel, I knew I was in for a treat. With architecture dating back to the early 1900's, and friendly staff to add to the ambience things just got better. I was lead to my room by Larry, who drove a golf cart, and I followed in my truck. He gladly helped me in with my luggage, golf clubs and everything else I needed. The walls were adorned with brilliant photos of a bygone era, when the property was much less developed, and times were much simpler. I had a wonderful dinner on the patio of a wonderful Mexican restaurant, while listening to an awesome duet which played wonderful live music a short distance away. I would love to have spent more time here, hover, some personal matters shortened my stay considerably, which was very unfortunate. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I'm not too sure on this one-from what I saw, all the rooms were deluxe.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
jkriske, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear cobilly,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at La Quinta Resort with the TripAdvisor community. I am so glad to hear that you found the quality of our property and service to be top notch! La Quinta Resort is rich in history which provides for a memorable stay. We look forward to seeing you again on a future visit.
mytravelopnions
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a wonderful stay here in a second floor suite. We enjoyed a large private patio, semi-private pool and hot tub. This is a highly manicured beautiful property in a majestic setting. Couldn't have picked a more perfect romantic getaway resort.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
jkriske, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear mytravelopinions,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review of La Quinta Resort. We are delighted you enjoyed the breathtaking views from one of our newly restored second floor suites! We look forward to seeing you back again for another desert getaway.
Resort Manager

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!