I just returned from La Quinta and the property is gorgeous. I have never been anywhere with quite so many pools to choose from. I guess we were there during a low period, but the pool situation was pretty much as good as it gets. Do you want your own private pool? Then pick one. Is someone at your pool of choice? Walk 100 feet to another. While I doubt pick-a-private-pool scenario operates during high season, it did make for an amazing aspect of the stay. The resort itself is vast, and even exploring the nooks and crannies of the resort itself was fun. We also rented some bikes and drove around the peaceful adjoining neighborhoods. The breakfast buffet, at about $27 per person was excellent. I would say that the only 2 negatives are the rooms (nothing "5 star special") and the Internet connectivity (choppy at best; non existing at worst). We were in a casita with its own porch - certainly a step up from the casitas which just have a lone chair or two out front, but nothing overly compelling about the room. As for dogs, there are many. Two hounds checked in with their family next to us on our final day and they were, well, dogs. If that bothers you, then worth inquiring about. Overall, I would rate this as a 4.5 star resort, only short of 5 stars bc of the web and the lack of anything special inside the room to warrant 5 stars. That said, the resort itself is lovely and the staff service was superb. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs