“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
Palm Springs, United States
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The overall experience was positive, from the hotel staff to the comfort of the room. The only thing that I would have preferred is the ability to connect my computer to the TV in the room with a smart system, so that I could work more comfortably.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Drumheller, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

As soon as I checked into this hotel, I knew I was in for a treat. With architecture dating back to the early 1900's, and friendly staff to add to the ambience things just got better. I was lead to my room by Larry, who drove a golf cart, and I followed in my truck. He gladly helped me in with my luggage, golf clubs and everything else I needed. The walls were adorned with brilliant photos of a bygone era, when the property was much less developed, and times were much simpler. I had a wonderful dinner on the patio of a wonderful Mexican restaurant, while listening to an awesome duet which played wonderful live music a short distance away. I would love to have spent more time here, hover, some personal matters shortened my stay considerably, which was very unfortunate. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I'm not too sure on this one-from what I saw, all the rooms were deluxe.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
jkriske, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear cobilly,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at La Quinta Resort with the TripAdvisor community. I am so glad to hear that you found the quality of our property and service to be top notch! La Quinta Resort is rich in history which provides for a memorable stay. We look forward to seeing you again on a future visit.
mytravelopnions
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Had a wonderful stay here in a second floor suite. We enjoyed a large private patio, semi-private pool and hot tub. This is a highly manicured beautiful property in a majestic setting. Couldn't have picked a more perfect romantic getaway resort.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
jkriske, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear mytravelopinions,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review of La Quinta Resort. We are delighted you enjoyed the breathtaking views from one of our newly restored second floor suites! We look forward to seeing you back again for another desert getaway.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It started when we checked-in at La Quinta. Their computer lost our reservations, and if I didn't have a hard-copy of my reservation made 3 months in advance as well as a welcome letter from "my personal concierge", I would have been at their mercy for a room rate. I then had to go back 3 different times to the front desk to get a new gate key that worked and to listen why it was my fault. I had previously enjoyed staying at La Quinta, but this trip was something else.

Dear 725ronaldp,
Thank you for being our guest, and we are very sorry for the situation you encountered upon checking in to La Quinta Resort. It was so wise of you to have the original hard copy of your reservation on hand. We understand that no hotel guest wants to arrive in anticipation of a relaxing weekend, only to find their reservation is not in order. Naturally, we strive for your arrival to be seamless so you can begin your getaway. Again, we apologize for the shortcomings, and hope that you will come stay with us again so you can fully enjoy the resort as you have in the past.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I brought my fiance here for the Stay and Play golf package this last weekend.

In terms of golf, we stayed Friday and Saturday night and were able to play Norman (walk on after 12pm on Friday), TPC Stadium, and Jack Nicklaus. The greens at Norman were in bad shape as I guess they had some chemical reaction that burned the greens. The range facilities are good with balls out for before the round and it was easy to make tee times.

In terms of the resort - amazing. From the second you drive up to the moment you check out, the service in awesome. Free valet, they took our bags to the room, etc. etc. The restaurants are good, slightly overpriced but what do you expect? We had a $50 dollar resort credit with our package so that was nice. The only question I had was why there was coffee and hot chocolate out one day and not the next??

Of all the places I have traveled, this one definitely encompasses a 5 star resort.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
jkriske, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Mmgpnp,
Thank you for your thoughtful review of La Quinta Resort. We promise our guests a singular Waldorf luxury experience, and I am so glad to hear that you found the quality of our property and service to be top notch. We look forward to seeing you return for another memorable golf weekend!
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There are refrigerators/ice makes in the rooms. we haven't had a decent one in the last 4 years and this year they took out ice machines on the property. They were quick about bringing us ice. We love everything else about the hotel. Just need to have working in room icemakers or place them conveniently on the property.

Dear boom4300,
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed the resort! We strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible and apologize that you were inconvenienced. Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve and we look forward to seeing you return to our resort in the future.
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Such a charming Hotel. Used be Hollywood hideaway. I stayed Suite. Balcony have fire place. Welcoming me La Quinta way. Handwriting personalized welcome note. Delicates amenities were amazed. Dinner at Morgan's restaurant offered local glow vegetables, tasty and organic soup and quality meat, I found that chef is three time James Beard award winner. I eat all courses however my stomach was very appreciated.
Next day breakfast at beautiful garden. Nature touch include beautiful flower garden to grapfrite tree, quiet, bird singing, great weather. I felt heaven. Visit spa for facial. Shelly is one of the best technician I knew. Back to La Quinta history, "massages in the sun" was perfect way to finish my review. I can not wait visit New Year Eve. Hiromi

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear HiromiK,
It brings us great pleasure to read that you enjoyed such a memorable stay at La Quinta Resort. Every day, Morgan's locally sources the most incredible ingredients to create a truly amazing culinary experience, and we are pleased you so enjoyed the fine dining. We look forward to your next visit with us!
Jay Kriske

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!