I stayed at the Resort for 1 week in November with my 2 adult children. Our purpose was relaxation and the ability to play tennis. We had a lovely room that was properly maintained near the pool/tennis courts and not to far from the Concierge's area. There were many ants in the room but not sufficient to bother any of us. If you bring food into the unit, make sure you put them in the fridge, which was provided, The resort is being updated and, as a result, the fitness area is subpar and temporary while the main pool is functional, with small pools in between every set of casitas. There are several restaurants/eating areas on the property and we enjoyed 26 the most. We ate at Morgans one evening and, despite the hype, felt it was very expensive and not as good as the hype, although it was quite decent. There are numerous eating establishments in the area, so you won't go hungry. The tennis facility was excellent and we took several lessons with Tom Gorman who certainly enhanced our stay the resort. He is knowledgeable, entertaining and personable and we looked forward to each and every lesson with him. If you are a tennis fan and/or player, you ought to take at least one lesson with him. Court time is expensive and the staff were unable to set up games for us, which wasn't critical in our situation because we were able to play with one another.
The Resort is quite laid back, staff very personable and helpful and once the upgrades are completed, this will be an excellent resort. I intend to return and, hopefully, I will be able to upgrade this review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs