“Beautiful property, wonderful service - but lousy internet ...” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   49499 Eisenhower Dr., La Quinta, CA 92253   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful property, wonderful service - but lousy internet ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I visited La Quinta with my 85 year old dad just a few weeks ago and had a really good time. The property is beautiful and well maintained and all of the staff we encountered at the front desk, bar and restaurant were very attentive. It's a unique property - not your standard single-building hotel - but clusters of 2 story villas with several pools, gardens and a main area where there are shops, restaurants and the main lobby. My dad didn't care for the long walk between the parking area and his room - nor the distance from his room to the restaurants / bar area. The villas on the second floor are only accessible by steps - and if you can manage steps - it's well worth it. In my room, I had stunning views of the mountains and a lovely outdoor seating area. The bathroom was fabulous with both a soaking tub and large walk-in shower and gorgeous Mexican tile throughout. In the area where the restaurants are - there's fabulous seating areas with comfortable chairs and soft-seating (couches) with side tables for drinks / eats. The pools and hot tubs had really nice lounge chairs and stay open until 10PM or so for after-hours swimming / relaxing. My one gripe that I found here is the lousy internet service. I still can't understand why - even in public areas - internet service is so spotty in 2014. Even on vacation, we're expected to keep an eye on business at home - so it's incredibly frustrating to pay a fair sum for a beautiful property and still have no internet service. It's an enormous issue that hotels need to address. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay, but I'd request a better location in the future for my dad and a more business-friendly property for me.

Room Tip: Need to be specific on what's needed in "accessible" rooms. My dad wanted a walk-in sh...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Everyone with dogs will love the accommodations made for traveling puppies and family members. We were welcomed at a beautiful villa accommodation with our chihuahuas. Two patios allowed outside entertainment for all of us. We were at a conference so we were away from the room for events, yet the dogs were happy. The customer service for us was superb, the meals we had catered for the group were fresh and tasty. Saturday night was like being in a movie with all the action, music and parties. The pools are pristine and the tennis and golf will please the most jaded players. The weather in the desert is divine in the fall. Great fun - try it...

Room Tip: Spa villas with full kitchen or opt for the older original rooms - lots of history at this resort.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If you come to this resort without preconceived ideas of how awesome it should be, it works out pretty darn good. We showed up knowing very little about the resort except that I could book a stay and play with PGA West through it and the golf was all I cared about. But when we got to the resort we were surprised at how nice everyone was. We were treated super nice by every staff we met. The room was really quite nice although a bit dated as far as bathroom fixtures. But the spa was great, the gold was great and our food was great. I'm not sure how you can have a bad time when everything makes you feel welcome. We had a blast!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Glendora, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Board of Directors of our financial institution met at LaQuinta for its 2014 Planning Retreat over a period of three days. From the time we arrived in the hotel lobby to the time of departure, every single detail was cared for by a professional, knowledgeable, delightful, eager to please and very winsome staff. Indeed, they went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure our success. A perfect 10 experience!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Santa Monica, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Once a year we get the entire family together, at least once every other year we've been doing it at La Quinta. The grounds are beautiful, the pools are amazing. The rooms are private, and if you can get a Spa Villa Suite, they're huge. Tennis, golf, spa, gym, keeps us all pretty busy. Look, you don't go to the desert for the amazing food, and that's not much different here. The brunch is "ok". Adobe is good for the desert. But other then that it's an amazing place to stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Landscaping was gorgeous. My room with private courtyard was great.
Food at restaurants was mediocre. Waiters serving breakfast were not the friendliest.
On 10/17/14 at 12pm there were two female concierges standing and talking while ten people were waiting in another line for service. My expectation was for the women, who were not busy , to contact management for additional staff. The two women could have also checked with the ten customers to see if they could have assisted them.
The next day the same female concierge, name unknown, answered my question without looking at me. I am a business traveler with a significant expense account. Next time I will select a different resort that exudes oustanding service and a beautiful resort . My rating is low because of lack of service.

Room Tip: Request a private patio with fireplace
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

A beautiful resort and our Hideaway Casita was perfect. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, we really enjoyed the privacy of the casita. 2 nights without the kids is a very rare treat and we were delighted we'd chosen this hotel. The grounds are lovely and we had a wonderful time. Only one complaint, I received a text shortly after check in welcoming us to the resort, congratulating us on our anniversary and informing me that a "special surprise" would be arriving. Nothing arrived.
On checking out I told this to the young lady at reception who apologized and said she would talk to a manager and someone would be in touch - no one ever called.
Not really what I expect from a hotel of this standard.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!