I visited La Quinta with my 85 year old dad just a few weeks ago and had a really good time. The property is beautiful and well maintained and all of the staff we encountered at the front desk, bar and restaurant were very attentive. It's a unique property - not your standard single-building hotel - but clusters of 2 story villas with several pools, gardens and a main area where there are shops, restaurants and the main lobby. My dad didn't care for the long walk between the parking area and his room - nor the distance from his room to the restaurants / bar area. The villas on the second floor are only accessible by steps - and if you can manage steps - it's well worth it. In my room, I had stunning views of the mountains and a lovely outdoor seating area. The bathroom was fabulous with both a soaking tub and large walk-in shower and gorgeous Mexican tile throughout. In the area where the restaurants are - there's fabulous seating areas with comfortable chairs and soft-seating (couches) with side tables for drinks / eats. The pools and hot tubs had really nice lounge chairs and stay open until 10PM or so for after-hours swimming / relaxing. My one gripe that I found here is the lousy internet service. I still can't understand why - even in public areas - internet service is so spotty in 2014. Even on vacation, we're expected to keep an eye on business at home - so it's incredibly frustrating to pay a fair sum for a beautiful property and still have no internet service. It's an enormous issue that hotels need to address. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay, but I'd request a better location in the future for my dad and a more business-friendly property for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs